get more power or response from a 4 cyl?

Pak SungHoon

Reaction score
To start off I want to apologize if this has been posted before, I just became a member and I want to make my 6th gen into a cruiser. It's only a 4 cyl in a heavy car so I figure hey lets just make it look good. One thing that bothers me a lot is the throttle response and lower end power. It feels pretty sluggish. Is it just the heavy car or am I going to mod some things.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. You have the right idea, what these cars do well is look pretty. What they don't do well is perform...unless you invest a good deal of money in it. If you want more performance, the first thing you should do is swap your car to a 5spd manual transmission. Bolt ons like exhaust, headers, intake, etc will do nothing noticeable, except add a nice sound.

Pak SungHoon

Reaction score
Hahaha well it is a 5 spd but short ram intake or exhaust won't really do me any good? I just have a drop in K&N as of now. I was also thinking maybe a lightened flywheel and upgraded clutch, tryin to look for a quicker grab because the clutch seems a little sloppy. Put in a order for some KSport Kontrol Pros though :)

Pak SungHoon

Reaction score
H22 swap would definitely be nice. But the money and from what ive been reading the slight mods. Just curious putting a H22 in the accord would that pass emissions in WA state?

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Headers, exhaust and a cai will definitely help out if you're 5 speed. Also consider a stock diameter light weight crank pulley. Ditch the short ram idea... Heat soak is ridiculous with a short ram. I've experienced it too much with my accord.

Buy if you want real power, build your f23 or get an h22 swap

Pak SungHoon

Reaction score
I've just heard that short ram gave more lower end power, but there is no issue with CAI's and water?. I live in WA and it rains constantly here. Stock diameter lightweight crank pulley that seems like a good starting point though

Back