monitor in dash

ryon527

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
im gonna have a monitor in my car too, but its only 2.5 inches (diagonally) yea, really small. its so small cuz its gonna be one of those new iPods :D i know i just got a new one the other week, but its returned and i have all my money back waiting for the video iPod that im gonna be hooking up. and yes, its gonna be in black, not that white color. ive already got quite a few downloaded music videos lined up for it, haha, ill be making my video playlist as soon as i get that sucker.....and a new computer, my pos with the windows mistake edition (yes, ME) sucks, and the only reason i have it was that was the only way we could get my old iPod to work. now ill deff need XP, and ive tried loading it, and no luck for me, oh well, new comp:D i could use something a little higher then a pentium 2 also, haha. sorry for the hijack.

why don't you mount your ipod on the a pillar somehow. like if your going to put in a gauge pod maybe make some kinda mount for the ipod. i could help you do it in the spring if you want. I made this for my old car. just throwing out some ideas.

258842_44_full.jpg

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
maybe, i was actually thinking of integrating it into the car. like taking out the one vent in the dash, the driver side one in the center piece, putting the iPod screen there, and putting the scroll wheel attached somewhere like the center console piece. yea, its a crazy idea, but could be done if i felt like spending $300 and taking that thing apart, haha.

clevengercm

Reaction score
thats a crazy setup man..I love it..How hard was it to install your headunit underneath? Great idea

ryon527

Reaction score
clevengercm said:
thats a crazy setup man..I love it..How hard was it to install your headunit underneath? Great idea

Not hard at all. The headunit is secured using the stock stereo brackets. So the top half of the brackets there's nothing there and the bottom half is the headunit. I'm going to really complicate the hell out of it thought because I'm going to mold the faceplate to the rest so it looks like all one piece. This is my old headunit so I don't really care what I do to this one. Normally I have an eclipse headunit in with the stock dash. Thanks for the comments.

Twobit

Reaction score
djpm05 said:
this is my monitor. I can't wait to see the install you do when you do it.

accordmeet049.jpg

What kind of monitor and you got a onboard computer?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i think he just uses it for show off purposes, which is what i would do too, haha, cuz that sh!ts just sayin, check me out, dont you like me? dont you want me? hahahaha. i cant wait for a meet, cuz then i know youll have in it then too, and i wanna see this bad boy in person.

ryon527

Reaction score
here's a new pic

905778_42_full.jpg

I used 2 cans of sandable primer on the thing. I will never Ever try making another one of these. I never did so much sanding in my life. The black is duplicolor vinyl and fabric coating in flat black. I sprayed it like normal than the last coat I sprayed from further away so that it has a slight texture on it. It matches the piece around the speedometer perfectly.

Back