monitor in dash

acrod99

Reaction score
yeah, i think my alpine should fit, but i may have to fill in around it w/fiberglass or sumthin. my screen doesn't look that big. guess i'll see tomorrow...

phat2k2accord

Reaction score
that looks so nice and clean..very nice..ive seen were ppl put the headunit into the glove box, and have it stickin out, but thats mostly a show feature..

Hammer03

Reaction score
11502small5-med.jpg

you can mold it in too. i had the lilliput. for a computer. were you just gonna hook it up to a dvd player?
oh, and its just dusty, not bad paint :D haha.

oh and i have a 3rd din relocator kit if you want to buy it from me, to move your radio down like that guy ^^. its NIB, just opened it to look at it, decided not to install it.

Last edited:

ryon527

Reaction score
here's an update. i got the monitor on thursday and took it apart and it still works. I had to remove like 40 screws to get it out of the casing and it was a pain. I bought 3M Automix EZ Sand Rigid Parts Repair part #5883. Its basically liquid plastic and like body filler in the way it works. I bought this after doing a lot of research and going on www.hzemall.com He supposedly modifies the 3m stuff for his liquid plastic that he sells. Check out his galleries he does really good work. I'll make a nice diy thread once I'm done, work has been crazy and I'm too tired to do anything when I get home so it might take awhile to get this done. I'm going to have to move the headunit to the lowest position in the dash and have the pocket above it which I will remove when I put the monitor in. So the monitor takes up most of the stereo bezel and there is just the headunit below it.

talonted1990

Reaction score
Hammer03 said:
11502small5-med.jpg

you can mold it in too. i had the lilliput. for a computer. were you just gonna hook it up to a dvd player?
oh, and its just dusty, not bad paint :D haha.

oh and i have a 3rd din relocator kit if you want to buy it from me, to move your radio down like that guy ^^. its NIB, just opened it to look at it, decided not to install it.

Where does the din relocator kit go? Does it go in the bottom where that pocket is? I would like to get one of those kits if it does.

ryon527

Reaction score
still got a lot of work to do but here's a pic so far
905778_25_full.jpg

cdubb77

Reaction score
Here's another nice clean install of a screen. July/Aug 2005 V6performance.net featured ride. This guy is on Honduh.com also.

12.jpg

19.jpg

17.jpg

Back