Say I were to get subs. . .

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
well...its just an amp lol :lawl:

it survived my "shake the block" high school days and the "i need music to feel alive" college days and still works today. got it for like $150 new, made in china...but still does its job...

dynasty

Reaction score
I chose running my power wire on the driver's side because that's the side of the car I went through the firewall with

^ he knows how to wire it. power wire on the driver side. rca and trigger wire to passenger side. this will eliminate noises from the speaker or extortion from the power wire to the RCA cables. also, ground wires should be as short as it could be.

beardohio

Reaction score
^ he knows how to wire it. power wire on the driver side. rca and trigger wire to passenger side. this will eliminate noises from the speaker or extortion from the power wire to the RCA cables. also, ground wires should be as short as it could be.

For some reason I thought I read that if I wasn't getting a new HU I was only going to have one cable to route from front to back? That can't be right

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
For some reason I thought I read that if I wasn't getting a new HU I was only going to have one cable to route from front to back? That can't be right

The stock head unit usually doesn't have a remote power output. The remote power wire is a signal wire that runs from your deck to your amp, and tells your amp when to turn off and turn on. So you won't have to run that wire. Also, if you tap into your rear speakers and use a LOC for the amp input, there won't be RCA wires to run from the deck to the amp either.

One thing about no remote power wire... keep your stereo turned down. Otherwise you might just get obnoxiously loud bass when you hit the power button on the deck. I ran a set of 12's off the stock deck for a while and I had to always just turn the volume down rather than turn the stereo off, otherwise I'd get like a 50hz tone blaring from the trunk. To be completely honest though, that was before I knew much about what I was doing, and didn't wire any of that up myself but had it done at a retailer, so it's possible an installer was just lazy.

beardohio

Reaction score
How does the amp know when to turn on or off then if there is no signal from the stock HU? Sounds like a HU would solve alot of problems hahah any used ones for sale?

Back