Say I were to get subs. . .

talontsiawd

Reaction score
you just need a trigger to turn it off. you could use a switch (i wouldn't use this because i could forget to turn it off) OR you can tap into your ignition or cigerette lighter wire so everytime you start your car, it will turn on also. but what mr. wildman said that is, it will cause a loud thump everytime you turn off your car or turn off your stereo. just a simple "BOOM". so what i would do is everytime i get out of the car, i would turn down the volume and turn off the engine.

You have a switched 12 volt right off the factory wiring. Every car i have wired does. Just get the good old multimeter out and find where it is at. You don't need some hack job wiring at all.

beardohio

Reaction score
g12, um . . . . Thanks for the post on page 5, but I'm not gonna lie I don't know what language it was typed in. I understood about 10 words from that whole post.

Last edited:

kn0x47

Reaction score
i didnt read thru all this but if you're still planning on using an rca converter i can send you one for like 5 bucks. just pm me if you want it

beardohio

Reaction score
i didnt read thru all this but if you're still planning on using an rca converter i can send you one for like 5 bucks. just pm me if you want it

Did you do the same thing? Subs on a stock HU? If so, how was it?

beardohio

Reaction score
I have the subs. I am probably buying that 400W amp off of the guy on here :bowdown:, now. . .

I'm looking on crutchfield.com and see this:
Kenwood KDC-138
h113KDC138-f_mtp.jpg

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KDC138/Kenwood-KDC-138.html?o=p&showAll=N&tp=5684

What are opinions on that? I am pretty sure thats putting more power out to my stock speakers and that has the hookups for subs, right? I am not stressing about installing that, but I am stressing about wiring everything for the subs/amp. Can I take my car to Best Buy with the subs and headunit (I might buy a box there) and will they wire everything for me?

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
it does have rca outputs @ 2volts, which you'd need. it also does 22wrms to your stock speakers which will be a noticeable increase.

I'd look around a bit more to find something with at least mp3 playback ability, personally I find being able to burn mp3 cd's a lot more convenient than using an ipod or anything. also, keep in mind that only has one auxiliary jack on the front, and none in the rear, so if you ever want to add another input (satellite radio, hidden ipod adapter, cd changer, etc) you won't be able to except through the mini jack on the front.

Best Buy should install your stuff as far as I know, but they will charge you for it. Last I knew going rate was around $55 for a head unit and probably the same price for installing an amplifier, plus parts (and they will most likely charge you for parts you may or may not need).

Crutchfield's site is nice and easy to use, and their customer service is great, but they aren't always the cheapest. I'd also look at newegg now that they sell some car audio stuff, ecoustics.com, sonicelectronix.com, amazon.com, and so on to compare prices before you buy

dynasty

Reaction score
You have a switched 12 volt right off the factory wiring. Every car i have wired does. Just get the good old multimeter out and find where it is at. You don't need some hack job wiring at all.

truthfully, i don't want to touch any of the factory wiring. just scary to touch. but! you can splice the wiring from the headunit. thing is, if your running OEM Honda headunit, you can't hook up an aftermarket harness to it. if you know what i'm talking about.

so it's either the headunit or the cigerette lighter for the trigger wire which is the ignition wire.

beardohio

Reaction score
it does have rca outputs @ 2volts, which you'd need. it also does 22wrms to your stock speakers which will be a noticeable increase.

I'd look around a bit more to find something with at least mp3 playback ability, personally I find being able to burn mp3 cd's a lot more convenient than using an ipod or anything. also, keep in mind that only has one auxiliary jack on the front, and none in the rear, so if you ever want to add another input (satellite radio, hidden ipod adapter, cd changer, etc) you won't be able to except through the mini jack on the front.

Best Buy should install your stuff as far as I know, but they will charge you for it. Last I knew going rate was around $55 for a head unit and probably the same price for installing an amplifier, plus parts (and they will most likely charge you for parts you may or may not need).

Crutchfield's site is nice and easy to use, and their customer service is great, but they aren't always the cheapest. I'd also look at newegg now that they sell some car audio stuff, ecoustics.com, sonicelectronix.com, amazon.com, and so on to compare prices before you buy

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113MP142/Kenwood-KDC-MP142.html?o=p&showAll=N&tp=5684
This is like the same model except it supports MP3 and WMA.

I'm fine with one AUX port, but I'll look around at those sites, thanks!

Back