i need ideas for amp mounting

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
over time internal parts come loose due to the vibration.
my amp has been mounted to the back of my box since it was purchased like four or five years ago by my friends father and he always cranked the **** out of it when his father gave it to him and then I always used to crank it real loud when I first bought it to and it still hasn't vibrate loose any internals. I think thats only if you have ridiculous bass

jvirusvirus

Reaction score
yeah I haven't had that problem at all I'm guessing only IF your box is setup wrong, like not enough space for the 12'inch speaker to hit just about right, or its just that the material made out of the box s**ks monkey **lls

my older bother has had his setup for years and he has 2 amps on the back of his box with no problem:hihi:

ls/low'n'slow

Reaction score
I've mounted some of my old amps on my boxes and never had any problems but i dont like the way it looks

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
My last two systems had the amps ontop of the boxes, never had a problem. Maybe cheaper brands fall apart more easy than higher quality products?

eggyhustles

Reaction score
IMG_1710.jpg

custom designed/built box. pretty complex shapes and angles but the outcome was a perfect fit for the shape of the trunk, zero wasted space behind the box, literally slides RIGHT up to the back of the seats.

IMG_1706.jpg

IMG_1705.jpg

picture of how my mock-up box fit against the back... dont have pics of the actual box from this angle.
IMG_1691.jpg

the only thing i have mounted to the backside of my box are my crossovers for the front speakers, an amp wouldnt fit in the space left there.

no offense but that looks like absolute ****.

KnightRyder

Reaction score
it works and is efficient use of space. there was supposed to be a beauty board covering the amp with a lexan window over each amp to show it off but i never got around to it as the guy who made my box moved away. maybe i'll finish it off myself one day. just need the tools

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
well for what its worth...ive had amps mounted to boxes for yearsssss.

that said...i'm never doing it again. drilling and sealing holes on the box ftl since i switch stuff so often. in the spring, the whole trunk is getting done over again.

Back