i need ideas for amp mounting

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
this isn't mine...

and in your mind, move the sub behind the seats and move the amps down above the spare tire well. use this as a template.

i would also use less wood near the rear seats since thats the highest point of the floor. using a lot of MDF would weigh a ton.

i think i posted these pics in another thread... :lawl:

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

lashlee

Reaction score
Send me an email address and I'll send you some pics of the build. I don't have many but maybe you can get an idea. I can also put some on my CD site that may help.

JDM_Rook

Reaction score
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I have a question for those who mounted their amp to their sub Box. Did you mount it directly to it? Or did anyone use some type of rubber bushing/standout to absord some vibration. Maybe I can be okay with mounting directing without any internals vibrating loose. The owner of a local car audio shop said the rubber would only add more vibration rather than it being solid on the box. But, in my head I am thinking of the whole principle behind a Motor Mount. I should use sheet metal screws correct? Wood screws can blow out MDF?

installing 2 Kicker Comp 10's (150 RMS)
in this S/O box, with a Soundstream 500W amp

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_777BB1...=FFBox_Style|Ported&nvpair=FFSpeaker_Size|10"

JDM_Rook

Reaction score
I picked up a few plactic amplifier standouts at another shop today, when i was buying speaker wire spade terminals. He said his installers use these. If i do decide to go with this, I will used some rubber washers on opposing ends.

standout009.jpg

JDM_Rook

Reaction score
I used 1/2 beveled faucet washers available at Lowws on the bottom to help center the plastic standouts, and a 1/2 flat washer on top. The washers really make it nice and solid and offered good compression as I fastened it to the box.

standout2002.jpg

standout2004.jpg

standout2008.jpg

standout2005.jpg

ParisiOT

Reaction score
I have 2 of mine under the front seats and one on the side of the box.. (my subs fire up)

how small are your amps?
do you have pics?
I'm putting in a second amp for my speakers and a capacitor. I plan to relocate the first amp to a cleaner position.

Euro-R_CL1

Reaction score
a good rule of thumb.... dont mount your amps to your box..... im pretty confident my old kicker amp bit the dust because of it...

juiCyyaccOrd

Reaction score
a good rule of thumb.... dont mount your amps to your box..... im pretty confident my old kicker amp bit the dust because of it...

interesting.....................................
maybe that's why......:thinking:
thanks, now i know for my new set up LOL

blackcord

Reaction score
That's why I dont like the 60/40 split rear seats on the coupe and I love my full folding sedan seat for that. I mounted mine there.

Back