Best place to mount radar detector.

pattywak

Reaction score
Drift, gsxr thanks for the pictures!

And gsxr, I want to put mine in close to the same location as yours, but in the middle above the mirror. Did you run into any fitment problems with the dome lights or anything? Do you still have it mounted on the windshield using suction cups?

finch13

Reaction score
took a pic with my camera phone. here's my set up.
V1install.jpg

You have a Parrot in the sunglasses cubby?! Thats baller as ****!

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yeah. a lot of people were integrating them into the mk5 gti's/jetta's because the actual phone button on the steering wheels werent hooked up to anything haha.

ebxgsxr

Reaction score
I want to put mine in close to the same location as yours, but in the middle above the mirror. Did you run into any fitment problems with the dome lights or anything? Do you still have it mounted on the windshield using suction cups?

it is a very tight fit above the mirror like i have it, but it does go in fine. i take the unit out every night (i dont even want to give a thief a chance to think about taking my V1). but once it's slid into the mount & pushed back it's pretty level....luckily b/c if i needed it to go back farther into the mount, it wouldnt be able to due to the dome lights (if that makes sense). and i am using the stock V1 windshield mount that has the 2 suction cups & the V1 "slides" into the mount.

as for the parrot, i wish i could take credit for being that creative with the mounting, but i saw a pic of someone that mounted it there and really liked the idea (since it could be closed & no one would even know it was there). i was a little nervous about tackling the install myself, but it turned out well. as a matter of fact, i was so impressed with the unit, i bought one for my truck too, lol.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I don't think I would tuck it off in the corner like that, I was just considering lowering the position on the windshield. But since you haven't had any noticeable decrease in performance, I wouldn't feel so bad lowering it.

Why would you need a radar anyways? we drive and accord.....:)

pattywak

Reaction score
Why would you need a radar anyways? we drive and accord.....:)

Its not like we have a 3 cylinder car with 70 horsepower. lol.

But really, any car is fast enough to break the speed limit. Plus, I it's just one way of trying to level the playing field against those bad po-po's. I like knowing when they are watching me.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Its not like we have a 3 cylinder car with 70 horsepower. lol.

nope, a 3000lb 4 cyl with maybe 130whp. haha.

i second hondaluvers question, haha. after going back to a 6g from my gti, that was the whole reason i never put a radar detector back in, cuz i was like "its an accord, why do i need this?" lol.

Back