Best place to mount radar detector.

ebxgsxr

Reaction score
i dont really "speed" like i used to when i was young. but even keeping with the flow of traffic is exceeding the speed limit now. i do 60-65 & people are still passing me where i have to stay in the right lane. but driving at 65 is already 10 over. so with my V1, it's nice to know where they are so i can drop down to 60. i dont even want a little unwanted attention.

dadams

Reaction score
mine has saved my *** numerous times... they are good to have.... even wen ur not speeding

pattywak

Reaction score
i had a save today too...

...i didnt go over the speed limit :lawl:

Ever? You always go the posted speed limit? If so, that's very surprising...considering that on a daily basis none of the other people I encounter on the road are travelling the PSL and that going the PSL would be a dangerous thing to do. I don't travel triple-digit speeds, but anything above the PSL is a reason for a cop to hassle you, and I don't want to take that chance. My friend got pulled over and ticketed for going 74 in a 70.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
honestly, yes. most of the time i do go the speed limit. most days im just on town/backroads, so i dont really have the need to go above the speed limit, because theyre fine, haha. sure, i have some spirited times down backroads, but those are few and far between. even on one of the major roads nearby i go the speed limit....its like a 2 lane mini-highway and the limit is 55. now, the actual real highway is another story, haha. the speed limit on it is 65, but if anyone goes 65, youll get rear ended haha. i usually go 80, and dont even think twice when i see a cop. 80s ok, but any higher youll get pulled over. and going 80, you barely are passing people.

but yes, aside from the main highway, 95% of the time i dont go over the posted speed limit, haha. im not saying im god because i go the speed limit, but theyre there for a reason.

pattywak

Reaction score
honestly, yes. most of the time i do go the speed limit. most days im just on town/backroads, so i dont really have the need to go above the speed limit, because theyre fine, haha. sure, i have some spirited times down backroads, but those are few and far between. even on one of the major roads nearby i go the speed limit....its like a 2 lane mini-highway and the limit is 55. now, the actual real highway is another story, haha. the speed limit on it is 65, but if anyone goes 65, youll get rear ended haha. i usually go 80, and dont even think twice when i see a cop. 80s ok, but any higher youll get pulled over. and going 80, you barely are passing people.

but yes, aside from the main highway, 95% of the time i dont go over the posted speed limit, haha. im not saying im god because i go the speed limit, but theyre there for a reason.

Ah, I thought we were referring to highway travel. In towns, I always stick as close to the PSL as possible. I drive in a similar way to the way you do.

ebxgsxr

Reaction score
yeah, definitely around town staying within the posted speed is a must. highway driving is hard. around here, the highway speed is 55. only I-95 is posted at 65.

ABONACCORD

Banned
Reaction score
I put mine next to the top of the a pillar right under the tint strip and it works perfect.

And sorry to hijack but does anyone know if rear window tint affects the signal?

dtraill27

Reaction score
I put mine next to the top of the a pillar right under the tint strip and it works perfect.

And sorry to hijack but does anyone know if rear window tint affects the signal?

its supposed to weaken it slightly. my rear windows have 5% tint on them and i havent noticed a big drop in detection

Back