Alarm keeps going off.

mnorton

Reaction score
I recently had this problem with my 2002 Honda Accord. The alarm would go off when ever. Driving, sitting in the driveway. It drove me nuts. Well, I figured out what to do to fix the problem. It seems that this happens when the battery goes low or your replace the car battery. You should try to reprogram the remotes for your car. I found on line how to do this with the Accord and no more random alarms. Too bad the Honda Dealer could not figure that out. Let me know if this works for your car alarm problems.

Thanks Framedad for this post. I recently had my battery replaced and suddenly my alarm was randomly going off, especially in the middle of the night :mad:

Based on your post I replaced the batteries in the remotes as per the instructions on page 7 of this Honda Service Bulletin 98-011
http://www.driveaccord.net/PDF/remote%20reprogram%2098-011.pdf and no more random alarms.

FYI - I mentioned this to my guy at the Honda dealer and he told me that most times it is the security sensor for the hood latch that becomes corroded.

Thanks again.

brittanyultra

Reaction score
My alarm goes off whenever the door is unlocked from the drivers side door :?

I don't have a remote, and don't like leaving my door unlocked, even for 3 minutes. I always have to unlock the passengers side first.
Wires messed up or?

Back