HIDS 6k or 8k?

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
They are definitely brighter and throw more light onto the road. But, if you're putting them into your OEM reflectors, you'll produce a LOT of glare above the OEM cutoff, which can be hazardous to other drivers. Just keep that in mind. You can also re-aim them.

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score
They are definitely brighter and throw more light onto the road. But, if you're putting them into your OEM reflectors, you'll produce a LOT of glare above the OEM cutoff, which can be hazardous to other drivers. Just keep that in mind. You can also re-aim them.

Yeah, its not worth it on the OEM ones, might as well just add a 35W HID fog light kit, it'll be more spread out and wont go as far but it'll still help.

Or maybe.... 55W low beams aimed even lower and eyelids (thick eyelids)

Also make sure your lights are blacked out. Otherwise the stock chrome finish can cause even more glare.

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score
does that really work?:confused:

yes, because it has less reflective surfaces to bounce light off of.

Yep, not saying its a 100% improvement but every little bit counts.

When your lights are on at night just start staring at your lights from above the cutoff move around and see where the light is bouncing off the reflector and the trim itself, it'll give you a good idea of what glare can be reduced/eliminated.

I was running a 35W 5K kit on stock OEM lights that were not blacked out and it was alright but I did notice areas that could be helped with.

Drew707

Reaction score
yea my lights are blacked out. do i re aim my lights by adjusting the 3 screws behind the bulb? or is it that thing behind the housing that looks like 2 white gears or sumthing lol

russiansohcf23

Reaction score
To aim your headlights, there is 1 10mm bolt on top of the headlight housing. Turn them to make your lights level.

Last edited:

SoCalAccord2000

Reaction score
My bro has 12k ddmtuning those are straight blue and he can see I just got my 8k 55w today gonna install tomorrow :)

Back