HIDS 6k or 8k?

Ch1R

Reaction score
I can see great with 8k but seen 6k in my friends civic and it feels even better.

Marino3.0Coupe

Reaction score
I would go either way. I have 8000K headlights and 6000K fogs on my chevy. I think the 8000K gives the car a better look, and displays the fact that they are aftermarket, but I think 6000K has better visibility.

Don't get me wrong, I can see great with my 8000Ks, but there are some visibility issues. Mainly off to the sides of my car on backroads. It just makes it a little more difficult to see deer. On the same note, the HIDs light their eyes up like none other; granted, they aren't always looking at you.

Anyways, I can get pics up of the two if you want to see the color difference. When they are one above the other, it gives you a better feel of the exact difference.

Either way, HIDs IMO were definitely worth the money.

Drew707

Reaction score
yea i bought a 35w 6k ddmtuning hid kit straight from the site for 50$. but that was like a week and a half ago. shipping is taking forever.

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
Better to pay $50 for a kit and wait a couple of weeks instead of paying $140 from a local store like I did. Don't get me wrong, my kit hasn't failed me once, but I still think I got ripped.

Back