Update Video Mb Quart 15" flex dustint209 (no 56k)

ZsleepizeZ

Reaction score
Re: My new rockford setup 15" sub (no 56k)

so you put it together with nails and painted with black paint? or is that like a layer of cloth?
and whats that hole? the long one on the right side of the sub. is that what they call a ported box?
sorry i am noobie in stereo systems

GaAccord

Reaction score

Please, when you upgrade....Don't get a Kenwood amp.

dustint209

Reaction score

so you put it together with nails and painted with black paint? or is that like a layer of cloth?
and whats that hole? the long one on the right side of the sub. is that what they call a ported box?
sorry i am noobie in stereo systems

I used screws, not nails. I painted it with my hvlp spray gun using rustoleum paint. And yes it's a ported box.

Please, when you upgrade....Don't get a Kenwood amp.

Really? Whats wrong with kenwood? What brand amp would you suggest for around the same price?

Namboyz

Reaction score

dude your deck is awesome!! how can you play games like that?? i wanna do that too

dustint209

Reaction score

nothing wrong with kenwood

yea, i always thought kenwood was a respectable brand. I have a kenwood 10" sub in my s10 and it sounds really good. I never tried their amps though.

dude your deck is awesome!! how can you play games like that?? i wanna do that too

Most decks that have a tft color lcd will have video and audio inputs. I already had the plug and play game system that someone gave me. You can get them online, just search "plug n' play video game". They have rca plugs that simply plug into the rca inputs on the deck. If you or anyone else is considering buying the same deck as me, let me do a full review first. It has a couple of drawbacks, but what do you expect for $78. I still don't regret buying it, that's for sure.

blankkoop

Reaction score
Re: *Update My new rockford setup 15" sub (no 56k)

i have a cheap deck too but its really functional and im diggin the video game system...im sorry but i gotta copy that:peace: my daughter is gonna get a kick outta that...

i havent tried it yet but does it play movies off the usb or sd or has to be a disc?

the setup is nice.. i like that box...

dustint209

Reaction score
Re: *Update My new rockford setup 15" sub (no 56k)

i have a cheap deck too but its really functional and im diggin the video game system...im sorry but i gotta copy that:peace: my daughter is gonna get a kick outta that...

i havent tried it yet but does it play movies off the usb or sd or has to be a disc?

the setup is nice.. i like that box...

Thanks for the complements!
Yes, it plays divx (avi) off of usb or sd. The one thing I don't like is when using aux input it displays "AUX" on the upper left. But when watching a movie off of usb, sd, or dvd you get the full display.

dustint209

Reaction score
Re: BIG Update RE audio Cadence amp setup 15" sub (no 56k)

So the Rockford Fosgate is in the dumpster after having some issues with it. I decided to upgrade a few other things to -

RE audio SRi 15" sub
AUTOTEK AT2000.1 Mono 2000 WATT amp for sub turned way down
Cadence FXA604 4-Channel 400 Watt Amp for mids
Attrend 4.2 cu ft SPL ported box
Rockford Fosgate 4 Gauge power and ground wire
YUASA Honda YTX20LBS sealed gell cell battery

I also put three coats of rustoleum roll on Bed Liner to the entire trunk.

I think that I am starting to move in the right direction now, tell me what you guys think.

Hopefully I get a weekend without rain to make a video.

amppic.jpg

sub.jpg

My custom 6x9 box loaded with Audiobaun
SAM_0263.jpg

Clarion 3.5 in rear doors
P1710100007.jpg

My Co-Pilot Bobble-Head
kenny.jpg

Last edited:
Back