Update Video Mb Quart 15" flex dustint209 (no 56k)

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
Re: BIG Update RE audio Cadence amp setup 15" sub (no 56k)

dang, thread title made me hope i was going to see some older resonant engineering stuff, not RF.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score

the RF is the old setup :ohyou: haha

i wanna hear this system in real life, see if its enough for what i want in a system

dustint209

Reaction score

dang, thread title made me hope i was going to see some older resonant engineering stuff, not RF.

It's not older RE stuff but look on bottom of page 2.

xx24xx

Reaction score

The original RE XXXs are almost 10 years old aren't they? I wouldn't touch the new stuff from what I hear and see. The guy who designed the old school REs started FI right?

Eggs he is learning. When he hears a properly setup audio system he will most likely make changes later, ya know? While I'm at it, have you heard anything about the JBL MS-8? I'm thinking about ditching the Imprint for it. Sorry to threadjack. :nutkick:

dustint209

Reaction score
Re: Fried RE sub 15" FML what should I do? (no 56k)

*******Fried RE sub

Well, after six months of putting 600w rms to my 300w rms re sub, the inevitable happened. I fried the voice coil. The sub has a one year warranty, BUT I purchased it through ebay. I need a receipt to show to re but according to the ebay seller, buying the sub through ebay voids the warranty. The seller told me he would email me a receipt that I can copy and mail to re but he never emailed me back and won't answer my emails. What should I do? I know I can't get my money back but I would be ok with a replacement so I can sell it. I already purchased a diamond audio d3 15 from onlinecarstereo btw...

Last edited:

kn0x47

Reaction score

P2909100010.jpg
haha i like this idea. where'd you get that from?

...i need to deaden my doors

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score

i saw the video, damn that flexes hard for only 600. ****, now maybe ill grab 2 of these for $150 a piece (sonicelectronix.com) and a 1000 RMS amp and build a box..anyone know if our trunks are big enough for 2 15's? :lawl:

dustint209

Reaction score

i saw the video, damn that flexes hard for only 600. ****, now maybe ill grab 2 of these for $150 a piece (sonicelectronix.com) and a 1000 RMS amp and build a box..anyone know if our trunks are big enough for 2 15's? :lawl:

Yea, that re was a beast. You can put two 15's in the trunk, but it's going to be hard to give them enough air space. I have 4.2 cu ft, and it was just right for one.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score

Yea, that re was a beast. You can put two 15's in the trunk, but it's going to be hard to give them enough air space. I have 4.2 cu ft, and it was just right for one.

on RE's site, optimal box volume is 3 cubic feet, i think i would have a hard time making a box thats 6 cubic feet, let alone getting into my trunk
:lawl:

what are/were the specs for your box? like length width and height?

Back