Update Video Mb Quart 15" flex dustint209 (no 56k)

dustint209

Reaction score
Re: Fried RE sub 15" FML what should I do? (no 56k)

Its the attrend 15lsv spl box. Some sites say the box is 3cu ft, some say 4.2. I think 3 cu ft is after port and sub dispalcement.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score

ahh yeah i see. whats the LxWxH of the box? i have measure my trunk a hundred times but forgot how big of a box i could squeeze in there haha

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Fried RE sub 15" FML what should I do? (no 56k)

That's what happens when you don't set the gains correctly....

And why not just buy a sub that can handle the power? An AQ sdc2.5 15 runs about 200 shipped. It'll laugh at that 600rms while sounding good.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score

you and your damn AQ's :lawl:
i miss my alpine type r 12's :sad:

what company is AQ under?

swollen_cu

Reaction score

It's just a cheaper version of DD.

Anywho. I think you can find an alpine type r 15 for less than 200. The 12s are only like 130 shipped I believe.

dustint209

Reaction score

ahh yeah i see. whats the LxWxH of the box? i have measure my trunk a hundred times but forgot how big of a box i could squeeze in there haha

The single 15 box is
20.2 x 18.5 x 32.7
The dual 15 box is
17.5 x 17.2 x 41
http://www.subwooferboxshop.com/sto...h_Dual_Vented_Enclosure_with_Divided_Chambers

That's what happens when you don't set the gains correctly....

And why not just buy a sub that can handle the power? An AQ sdc2.5 15 runs about 200 shipped. It'll laugh at that 600rms while sounding good.

I read before I got the RE that they were underrated and assumed my amp was probably a little overrated but I guess I was wrong. As I mentioned I already ordered a diamond audio which is rated at 500rms and 1000 max for $140 shipped. I've read alot of good things about d.a especially when compared to kicker.

I still have not gotten an answer to my original question so I'll ask again

Well, after six months of putting 600w rms to my 300w rms re sub, the inevitable happened. I fried the voice coil. The sub has a one year warranty, BUT I purchased it through ebay. I need a receipt to show to re but according to the ebay seller, buying the sub through ebay voids the warranty. The seller told me he would email me a receipt that I can copy and mail to re but he never emailed me back and won't answer my emails. What should I do? I know I can't get my money back but I would be ok with a replacement so I can sell it. I already purchased a diamond audio d3 15 from onlinecarstereo btw...

Last edited:

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score

contact ebay i guess, did the ebay seller have any sort of warranty on it?

dustint209

Reaction score

The seller gives a 30 day warranty. I don't think ebay wil be able to help me

swollen_cu

Reaction score

Hmm well I don't even think re will honor the warranty. They can probably tell if the Sub has been overworked or went past it's excursion limits.

Diamond audio over kicker anyday! They sound so much better than kickers. Kickers are just loud IMO...

Euro-R_CL1

Reaction score

i would just give re a call and praise there sub and bend the truth a tad bit and dont say you were running exactly 600 watts on it lol, they may be able to do something for you, i wouldn't get your hopes up though

Back