*Pics update Need to decide what sub to go with

dustint209

Reaction score
ok, I have it narowed down to these 5 subs. I don't think I would be disapointed with any one of them but what would give me the most bang for my buck? Lookin for SQL. I'm really liking the incriminator audio li

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/15"-Lethal-Injection-Series.html

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_19469_Diamond_Audio_D615D4.aspx

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/Daber-SQL%2d15.html

http://www.woofersetc.com/p3222/T415--Soundstream--15"--1000-Watt-Subwoofer.htm

fi x15
https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficarau...0_Speakers/0045_X/product_overview.shopscript
There are so many subs to choose from, its givn me a headache!

Last edited:

maddmatt02

Reaction score
Re: Need to decide what sub to go with

do you know how much power you wanna run?

that fi X seems a little out of place compared to the others (really only looking at power handling though, didnt even know they made an X until now). next lowest rms rating is 600 for the IA, which is still double what the x is rated to handle.

you should look at the fi Q instead, its not much more than the soundstream you are looking at. and of course is even more expensive still, but have you looked into the SSA ICON 15?

dustint209

Reaction score

do you know how much power you wanna run?

that fi X seems a little out of place compared to the others (really only looking at power handling though, didnt even know they made an X until now). next lowest rms rating is 600 for the IA, which is still double what the x is rated to handle.

you should look at the fi Q instead, its not much more than the soundstream you are looking at. and of course is even more expensive still, but have you looked into the SSA ICON 15?

the ssa looks nice but it's a little too pricey. I started out with a $175 price range and it keeps going up. I plan to upgrade with my christmas bonus so i have a while to make my decision. As for the fi x15 you can purchase the bp-power option for $20 which adds another 250 to 500 rms. My amp should push around 500rms at 2ohm. Thanks for the help.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Need to decide what sub to go with

You just built that nice box for the rf sub. Why didn't you just get the sub you wanted before?

dustint209

Reaction score

You just built that nice box for the rf sub. Why didn't you just get the sub you wanted before?

I thought I would be happy with the rf. I talked to almightyfargoth about the sub and he suggested it. I just tuned the box lower and i got a little more low end but not enough to tickle ma pickle. I just want that low end response. I may go through a few subs before I find just what i want. What would you suggest?

eggyhustles

Reaction score

lulz@ sql

That's not a real term..please don't use it ever again.

But yeah...i'd go with a sealed lethal injection

dustint209

Reaction score

lulz@ sql

That's not a real term..please don't use it ever again.

But yeah...i'd go with a sealed lethal injection

-------------------------------------
"SQL is a term used in car audio, a
subjective interpretation between SQ
and SPL.

SQ = sound quality
SPL = sound pressure level

SQL = combination of both with a
small sacrifice in SQ and SPL.
"I want to build a SQL sound system for
my car, i.e., I don't want high sound
quality and I don't want high sound
pressure level, I want something in
between."
----------------------------------------

It may not be a "real term" but you understood what I was implying right? And why not go ported? Would i lose sound quality?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score

SQL is a real term just like "ain't" is a real word. doesn't make them technically acceptable to use simply because you like it :lawl:

if you do ported right (big box, tuned low) there's no "loss of SQ."

you do need to choose where you want your sacrifices:
-small box
-high efficiency
-plays low

pick 2 of those things, cause you can't have all 3.

so...if you want to go low...you need displacement, Xmax, and a big box. the bigger box means you need less power, but you lose trunk space. you can use 1000w in a 1 cu ft box, but it won't play low. the list goes on...you have to compromise on one of those points.

all the brand...price...power handling...etc discussion is boring since bass is so easy. the science of bass, however, is also very easy :)

eggyhustles

Reaction score

x2

What about a sealed 18 fi q? you should be able to squeeze 4-5 cubes in there

dustint209

Reaction score

x2

What about a sealed 18 fi q? you should be able to squeeze 4-5 cubes in there

That would be a little too extreme. I'm not lookin to do competitions. I hope to use the box I already built (two weeks ago). It's 2.8 cu ft. I could seal the port if i wanted. Eventually I may build another box but I still wanna stay with one 15"

Back