kicker VS rockford???

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
you'll always want something better...it never ends :lawl:

if you're going to use them at 80Hz and below, just get whatever. doesn't matter, really. bass is easy when you just want "bump."

Euro-R_CL1

Reaction score
kicker all day brother i had 2 12 L5s in a prefabbed ported box on 1250 watts they slammed i got 3 first place trophies in trunk class 0-1000 in usaci with them loved every min of them, one big thing about kicker they make amazing products but they have absolutely no clue how to make a box

Inline4

Reaction score
Just get 1 12" L7 Kicker, + kicker 1000.1 amp, and youre set. trust me, loud when you need it, and not too much that its ridiculous.

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
the thing with the L7 is that it hits way to hard lmao i know ppl that have put 4 10"EVs with 2 L7s ... I'm thinking of just going with one L7 like Inline4 said ... and its better since I'll be taking up less space in my trunk instead of having 2 12" in an oversized box ... but then I also agree with ryan "you'll always want something better...it never ends" ... but i can always add a few more EVs and add another L7 .... as for egghustles what u expect me to run around with a car with only bass lolz? wheres the voice dude? And 1slosedan show me where the P3 isn't being sold for over $400 ...

jeffpanya

Reaction score
get the l7's , my cvr's are ok but i want to upgrade, also got a new kenwood amp that will support that much power......hopefully

Sexi4draccord

Reaction score
kickers ftw!!! go with 12"kickers L7....with the right amp u will be jamin!! but crvs are ok so if ur stuck btween the crvs nd the p3...go with the p3 if not go with somw alot better L7s kickers

lashlee

Reaction score
The same sub in two different boxes will sound different. Two different subs in the same size box will sound different. Two different subs each in a box that is designed specifically for that sub will sound different. It depends on many factors and what sounds good to one person may not sound good to another. I've used or installed Kicker, RF, ID, JL, RE, Exile, Hertz, Xtant, Diamond, DD, Memphis, True Bass, as well as many more that I can't remember and they all have their own qualities. Get what you can afford in the appropriate box with enough power and jam away!

LeatherKicks

Reaction score
I have no idea about Kicker's newer designed amps, I know their older ones weren't all they were cracked up to be. Power maybe, sound like mud in the rain. Definitely.

Rockfords older generic "Walmart" designs gave them their newly renowned bad name. But all the new stuff they sell now are designed by Diamond engineers. I would buy their amps and new T2's over Kicker any day. Even prime amps. Their subs arent meant for SPL figuratively speaking, punchy more like Memphis M3's on a grander scale.

Last edited:

BkzTafetta

Reaction score
Yea....if you decide to go with kicker subs...dont even consider the CVRs...they are nothing compared to l5s or l7s...1 12" is more than enough in the proper box if your not looking to compete....

Back