kicker VS rockford???

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
i used to run 2 12" type r's (forgot which model year they were) with 1600 rms, about 800 to each one. that was a cheap hifonics amp so realistically they probably got the recommended 500RMS each, and it was diamonds.

ditch that amp, get at least 1000RMS amp, the alpine MRP M-1000 is perfect, or 2 MRP M500's, or a pdx 1000.1 or something. and what the hell are these EV's you speak of? lol never heard of it

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion someone else also told me to get the matching amp for it the alpine ... thinking about just doing that

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
nope no idea. they must not be anything special if you get like 4 of them though :lawl:

and what amp did you get?

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
http://youtu.be/PxDEjhO0zRI ... To us here they are the best voice speakers (Eletro Voice) preferred over celestions, eminence, black widows, pioneers. audio pipes, etc. When you hook these up with the right amp they dominate. The van in that video was in NJ for 2 yrs it was taken all around NJ NY PA and CT and it wasn't shut down by any in its class. Its currently in Dominican Republic for competitions and politics over there pay money to be advertised by the van. I'm cool with the owner (which is who i speak to about my music) and he said he might send it to Puerto Rico to make money there and then to FL and back NJ to shut a few mouths up here again lolz ... So my guess is those speakers are pretty good.:147703263745b138a51

Haven't gotten an amp yet for the bass

Last edited:

eggyhustles

Reaction score
http://youtu.be/PxDEjhO0zRI ... To us here they are the best voice speakers (Eletro Voice) preferred over celestions, eminence, black widows, pioneers. audio pipes, etc. When you hook these up with the right amp they dominate. The van in that video was in NJ for 2 yrs it was taken all around NJ NY PA and CT and it wasn't shut down by any in its class. Its currently in Dominican Republic for competitions and politics over there pay money to be advertised by the van. I'm cool with the owner (which is who i speak to about my music) and he said he might send it to Puerto Rico to make money there and then to FL and back NJ to shut a few mouths up here again lolz ... So my guess is those speakers are pretty good.:147703263745b138a51

Haven't gotten an amp yet for the bass

Electro voice has nothing on b&c, Faital, 18sound, Ciare, beyma, or even rcf

Last edited:

Gil'sCG6

Reaction score
:eh::hahano:....4real you don't know what EV's are?

bro ev's are cheap/hood speakers a lot of people dont know what they are. yu can get a 10 inch ev for like 100 bucks in paterson brand new. A lot of people say they "dominate" until they hear high quality speakers that make them sound like ****. My boy has 4 10 inch ev's and 2 bullet tweeters in his deck molded with 2 audiopipe bullet tweeters and its loud but it sounds horrible and all the music comes from the back so that doesnt help. My car has a set of alpine TYPE X (not type R or type S) components in the front with some cheap rear speakers and my system is sooooo much more clear and its still loud and i didnt have to chop up my rear deck or anything. Ive had a set of ev's myself but they hurt my ears they sound like the **** the principal in high schools speaks out of lol

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
bro ev's are cheap/hood speakers a lot of people dont know what they are. yu can get a 10 inch ev for like 100 bucks in paterson brand new. A lot of people say they "dominate" until they hear high quality speakers that make them sound like ****. My boy has 4 10 inch ev's and 2 bullet tweeters in his deck molded with 2 audiopipe bullet tweeters and its loud but it sounds horrible and all the music comes from the back so that doesnt help. My car has a set of alpine TYPE X (not type R or type S) components in the front with some cheap rear speakers and my system is sooooo much more clear and its still loud and i didnt have to chop up my rear deck or anything. Ive had a set of ev's myself but they hurt my ears they sound like the **** the principal in high schools speaks out of lol

LOLZ @principal thing... Yea they where $100 brand new:eh: in 2007 ... in 08 they went up to $120 in 2010 They where priced at $135 and now they $160 ... I wounder if its because ppl have realized how much they suck:huh:

sure you could get them for $120 here and there but from niggas that have stolen them. did i see you write beyam speakers are better then EVs? come on man be serious here beyams havent been good since 06 anyone will tell u that ... now they coming back ... WITH TWEETERS:hahano:

Your boys an idiot!:huh: ... 4 EVs in the back .. of course its gonna sound like a$$ ... thats like putting 2 L7 for bass with 4 6 1/2 for voice ... whoever did the setup is slow for not warning him. my setup will be 3 EVs on the back deck with 2 6 1/2 O2s and 2 8" O2s in the front with the type r for bass which hopefully will be enough. The plan is to also feed alittle bass into the 2 8" for an even sound throughout the entire car. if that doesnt give me the sound i want i will swap out one of the 10" for a 12" which i can add alittle bass to and that will defenetly give me the best sound:naughty:

Last edited:
Back