kicker VS rockford???

SykVSyx

Reaction score
thats like putting 2 L7 for bass with 4 6 1/2 for voice

hahaha.....so to you, this isn't a good setup?

Guess I should gut my system and start over again......:lawl:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
bro ev's are cheap/hood speakers a lot of people dont know what they are.
basically...

my setup will be 3 EVs on the back deck with 2 6 1/2 O2s and 2 8" O2s in the front with the type r for bass which hopefully will be enough. The plan is to also feed alittle bass into the 2 8" for an even sound throughout the entire car. if that doesnt give me the sound i want i will swap out one of the 10" for a 12" which i can add alittle bass to and that will defenetly give me the best sound:naughty:
no way will that sound good. loud, sure.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
those pictures you put up with the EV's are something else...

but you dont need 4 10" EVs to sound good, hell my cheap kenwoods amplified and ****ty 10" jl being underpowered sounds relatively good. the only thing missing is punchy bass, since its underpowered. no need to have 37 speakers in a DD

SykVSyx

Reaction score
lolz money invested for nothing in my opinion

Interesting.......I'd bet money that with a ported box of my 2x15" L7's, 3-way set up up front and 6 1/2" in the rear deck, the sound quality would be quite high, as well as the necessary "boom quotient".

Oh yeah, I also have a pair of 6 1/2" in the trunk so that I can turn off all the interior speakers and just have the trunk set up running.

To each their own, though, you're a proud supporter of EV's, so no one can tell you differently right now.

That's ok, but don't knock other setups just based on your preference for a particular one.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
well, the issues are multiple...

-there are only really like 4 sets of 6.5" drivers designed to play full range...where are the tweeters?
-i haven't seen any mention of crossovers, at all
-running 6.5, 8s, 10s, and 12s will turn into huge phasing issues (having the 8s up front "play bass" for example)
-nothing to bring up the "stage height" in front?

i always see people on SPL forums (or worse, the term "SQL" :rolleyes:) being obsessed with pro audio drivers because they want "loud but clear." music at 95dB is loud, make no mistake. bass at 95dB isn't loud, but music is. 1 tweeter with 1 watt will make that much sound. that's hearing damage territory. throwing hundreds of watts at multiple speakers rated at 95dB/w/m or higher is pointless. you can have "loud" with a pair of 6.5s and a pair of tweeters with the right install and equipment selections.

a good setup depends on how much work, planning, and skills you have. a (proper) 8" under each front seat, a 4" full range in the doors, and small tweeters...somewhere...will be my next setup. and stick with my IB15 or upgrade to an SBP15 or two. dont want to do kickpanels, dont want to do pillar builds...that's the thing about car audio, as well--i'll sacrifice some sound quality if that means i wont get a broken window.

one nugget of info i find truer every day: if you want bass up front, you need good midbass up front. theres just no substitute. building 80% of the setup behind you wont do it...it just wont, because it cant.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
qft.gif

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
I got a rockford crossover im putting two beyma tweeters in the back and two smaller ones in the front. And I also have a kinetik battery. etc Yea i guess it is ignorant of me to only want EVs but I'm not saying small speakers wont do the job when setup correctly...which is how my old system was 2 6 1/2 up front and 2 8" in back but i got tired of that and now want more ... SykVsyx sure u can make it sound good but i mean waste of money since ur probably not getting the best out of those L7s and if u are i doubt it sounds good ... (trying to find good wording for this) putting L7s in a car with those speakers is like putting ... damm i can't even come up with something lolz i just dont see the point ... instead of the L7s you could have put some CVRs and saved urself the money and still have good quality music ... am i the only one that thinks the same way?? I wanted the L7s but the only reason why is bcaz i was putting up the 3 10" .... about the pics I posted lolz i think those guys over do it, i would never spend that much money I was just trying to make the point that if they cheap its in $$$ not in quality .. they can take a beating ....

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
those pictures you put up with the EV's are something else...

but you dont need 4 10" EVs to sound good, hell my cheap kenwoods amplified and ****ty 10" jl being underpowered sounds relatively good. the only thing missing is punchy bass, since its underpowered. no need to have 37 speakers in a DD

Yea I know I had a small setup for about 2 yrs now but I've gotten tired of it ... I'm not putting 4 10" I'm putting 3 10"... I originally only wanted 2 but the guy told me I have the amp and space for anotherone so why not just put it up so I agreed

Back