kicker VS rockford???

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
i used to run 2 12" type r's (forgot which model year they were) with 1600 rms, about 800 to each one. that was a cheap hifonics amp so realistically they probably got the recommended 500RMS each, and it was diamonds.

ditch that amp, get at least 1000RMS amp, the alpine MRP M-1000 is perfect, or 2 MRP M500's, or a pdx 1000.1 or something. and what the hell are these EV's you speak of? lol never heard of it

Found an Alpine 1000 for $100 ... probably go pick it up later today:deal:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
ISykVsyx sure u can make it sound good but i mean waste of money since ur probably not getting the best out of those L7s and if u are i doubt it sounds good ... (trying to find good wording for this) putting L7s in a car with those speakers is like putting ... damm i can't even come up with something lolz i just dont see the point ... instead of the L7s you could have put some CVRs and saved urself the money and still have good quality music ... am i the only one that thinks the same way?? I wanted the L7s but the only reason why is bcaz i was putting up the 3 10" .... about the pics I posted lolz i think those guys over do it, i would never spend that much money I was just trying to make the point that if they cheap its in $$$ not in quality .. they can take a beating ....

I got great deals on what I bought for my budget( a pretty serious factor when planning out a system), so I don't feel like I wasted money at all. I am happy with it, it will sound better once the ported box is done, but, otherwise, I got exactly what I wanted in sound quality AND products.

Gil'sCG6

Reaction score
ok finish up your system and i will finish mine this is not a competition i just want you to hear all of the different aspects and sounds of the music that you are missing out on by using EV's. Im not making ignorant comments i basically live in washington heights where theres a million astro vans and cars with EV setups and ive also had them in my car so if anybody can tell you the difference i can tell you first hand and its a huge difference. You can blast your system and then come in my car and listen to mine and you'll be like damn this sounds really good and and detailed. I dont need anything bigger than 6 inch speakers to make it sound like that (besides my sub).

eggyhustles

Reaction score
Enlighten me as to why? Deck hasn't been made yet so im curious to know what a good setup to you will be? loud and good ...

Lets see..

Imaging would be way off
Beaming..
comb filtering...

that's just scraping the surface...

I'm from NY, i know all about these systems...

An 8 in the door and some horns is all you need, bro. Possibly even a decent pair of comps in a deadened door depending on your sub stage.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Dude I just read you had the type Rs as well lmao ... did you like them? what amp did you have? i through it in my car to hear it earllier today but i havent played with it yet to get the best sound out of them. I have a Soundstream Tarantula 640W 2-Channel for now but I want something that will really hit it.

Hah, I had the old 1st gens one. They were packed with 300 RMS each only, and they did pound really hard. Tbh, my PDX 1.1000 was rated at 1000 RMS at 2 and 4 ohms. My gain was at 50%, i'm pretty sure they could have handle more, but I didn't want to risk it.

I loved the type R's, but when you find something better, you're gonna want to ditch it for a better set up.

Which 1000 watt alpine amp did you end up getting? TBH, the only amp I wouldn't mind from alpine is their MRP-M1000, PDX, or their new M12. Those are really nice and actaully puts up 1000 RMS the m12 does 1200 RMS constant.

My new set up now is a Alpine PDX 1.1000 w/ a 13 JLW7 in a built to spec ported box. Box should be arriving in the evening today.

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
Its an alpine MRP-M1000 ... I couldn't go pick it up I got cought up doing something else I'll see if the guy didnt already sell it.:sad:

Euro-R_CL1

Reaction score
good snag bro i have an mrp 2000 sitting on my floor waiting to go in my car, me and my team all use alpine amps there amazing,

and as far as evs go they are good in small doses but as far as those astro vans go filled with evs i want to blow them all up, its the most annoying noise in the world, evs can balance a system out but when push comes to shove they are still a PA speaker im personally running 4 total alpine type r's with tweeters in my front doors, and relocating my rear speakers to my rear doors another set of alpine type r's, and fiber glassing my rear deck

eggyhustles

Reaction score
OP, how are you setting this all up? If you're gonna put 10's in the rear deck, at least put an 8 in the door.

If it were me, i would do this

8 in the door for midbass
recycle the o2 and put it in the kick for midrange
2 10" l7's in a 4th order ported through the ski-pass

good snag bro i have an mrp 2000 sitting on my floor waiting to go in my car, me and my team all use alpine amps there amazing,

and as far as evs go they are good in small doses but as far as those astro vans go filled with evs i want to blow them all up, its the most annoying noise in the world, evs can balance a system out but when push comes to shove they are still a PA speaker im personally running 4 total alpine type r's with tweeters in my front doors, and relocating my rear speakers to my rear doors another set of alpine type r's, and fiber glassing my rear deck

That's still too much.

1 pair upfront with a decent amount of power is all you need considering you guys have average sub setups.

Back