***HID Trouble!***

Raul

Reaction score
My parking light wiring on the driver side is messed up. I suspect corrosion has to do something here. Last time i drove the accord about 3 months ago. Brakelights work and so do flashers (except the left signal). I also smelled something burning from driver's side headlight. The parking light fuse was blown, I changed it and it blew again.

So now my car is back on road and I need to solve this problem ASAP. I went to a shop today and they quoted me $200+ to fix it. They are saying they will need "a lot of time" to fix electrical issue and insulate it properly. I am not very good with fixing cars but I believe this price is just too much.

Should I go ahead and try myself to fix it? I am not sure how to though but I can try if you guys can give me tips.

Summary:

- Messy wiring behind driver side headlight
- parking lights do not work
- left turn signal does not work

I cant drive at night and I am scared to make a left turn at intersections that have 4 way stop.

HELP!

no trolling please:peace:

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Re: ***Help me 6GA! - I cant drive my car at night!!***

so is the wiring actually bad or burned? pop off the fender liner and have a look around. while you're in there, change the signal bulb.

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score

it cld be a wire grounding out or a relay
electric problems are very pricy and expensive
there arnt any garenttees wit electical "fixes" if its carroded

but id remove as much as possible and back track the wires in queston
usally a short or open will be noticable

if u cant find it then i sugest takeing it to a shop but get a rock price on paper so they cant say any bs to f u

hirichard

Reaction score

im not sure but wouldn't using a multimeter help you out

Raul

Reaction score

so is the wiring actually bad or burned? pop off the fender liner and have a look around. while you're in there, change the signal bulb.

I think its burned. Not sure though. My driver side fender liner is missing too since last year, i know i should have installed a new one. I changed the signal bulb too and did not work.

I dont know how to use a multimeter.....but I guess I could learn now.

So if its burned, I guess I cant cut the wires and splice them together?

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score

yes a splice wld do good just make sure to use at least some heat shrink over it

Millz

Reaction score

did you get a quote at more than one place? and where did you take it for a quote?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score

what did u do before it started happening?

Raul

Reaction score

Ok so i got the parking light issue fixed and wiring mess is cleaned up too:duckhunt:. Paid $40.

Note to myself: Stop going to shops at Markham cuz they want to charge way too much:huh:

The signal problem still exists. My 1157 socket is burned and thats why the left turn signal on the driver side headlight does not work. Anyone got a 1157 socket laying around or may be know where I could get one? I guess ebay or junkyard or local kijiji would be my best bet....

I went to canadian tire to put my summer wheels back and they refused cuz the car is too low lol.

Back