***HID Trouble!***

Millz

Reaction score
Re: ***Help me 6GA! - I cant drive my car at night!!***

Ok so i got the parking light issue fixed and wiring mess is cleaned up too:duckhunt:. Paid $40.

Note to myself: Stop going to shops at Markham cuz they want to charge way too much:huh:

The signal problem still exists. My 1157 socket is burned and thats why the left turn signal on the driver side headlight does not work. Anyone got a 1157 socket laying around or may be know where I could get one? I guess ebay or junkyard or local kijiji would be my best bet....

I went to canadian tire to put my summer wheels back and they refused cuz the car is too low lol.

might as well keep the winter's on buddy... LOL

glad to hear you got it fixed, that first quote you got seemed way to steep

try even calling the dealer, perhaps it would only be a couple of bucks

Raul

Reaction score

bump from the dead! The passenger side low beam hid stopped working:kenny:

When I turned them on, all it does is just a spark and nothing. Tried with a working bulb, same thing happens. Could it be its time to replace the ballast?

I have had the hid kit since August 2007 with no issues. It powered my TYCs before and now my retro till it decided to take a walk since Tuesday night.

001Stunna

Reaction score

bump from the dead! The passenger side low beam hid stopped working:kenny:

When I turned them on, all it does is just a spark and nothing. Tried with a working bulb, same thing happens. Could it be its time to replace the ballast?

I have had the hid kit since August 2007 with no issues. It powered my TYCs before and now my retro till it decided to take a walk since Tuesday night.

Why dont you swap the ballasts and see if it is indeed the ballast.

Raul

Reaction score
i will give it a shot but the problem is its very cold outside and i dont have a garage to work.

Before, I would always hear slight buzzing noise from both sides. Now its only the driver side and no sound from passenger side.

I hate driving at night with my DRLs:sad:

001Stunna

Reaction score
i will give it a shot but the problem is its very cold outside and i dont have a garage to work.

Before, I would always hear slight buzzing noise from both sides. Now its only the driver side and no sound from passenger side.

I hate driving at night with my DRLs:sad:

Go into a coinop car wash bay and do it there if the cold and wind is whats keeping you.

Raul

Reaction score
Apparently the passenger side ballast wire was loose (was a bit hidden, so wasnt that obvious) and the bulb was toasted. I reconnected the wire and put a spare bulb I had, and everything is fine now.

However, I still have problem with the passenger side fog light. Mechanic fixed it for free before and he said that there was water in the fog housing causing the light not working. Is that true? I tested that bulb with the headlight kit and it works fine. Now, the passenger side fog failed again after driving through rain few days ago. The kit is waterproof and the driver side fog works fine.

I will look into wiring but I donno what to look for. This sucks ***:booty:

/rant

001Stunna

Reaction score
Apparently the passenger side ballast wire was loose (was a bit hidden, so wasnt that obvious) and the bulb was toasted. I reconnected the wire and put a spare bulb I had, and everything is fine now.

However, I still have problem with the passenger side fog light. Mechanic fixed it for free before and he said that there was water in the fog housing causing the light not working. Is that true? I tested that bulb with the headlight kit and it works fine. Now, the passenger side fog failed again after driving through rain few days ago. The kit is waterproof and the driver side fog works fine.

I will look into wiring but I donno what to look for. This sucks ***:booty:

/rant

Is there water inside the fog housing again? If so add some silicone sealant around the sides so it stops happening.

Raul

Reaction score
Levin, there was little water inside and I removed all of it. Put the bulb back in and still wont work:bash:

001Stunna

Reaction score
Levin, there was little water inside and I removed all of it. Put the bulb back in and still wont work:bash:

Water has made its way into your plugs/connectors and possibly causing a short. Take a can of electrical connector cleaner and clean the socket/plug...let it dry for 1min or 2 and then use a compressed air can to make sure its thoroughly dry. Test it with a volt meter for proper voltage and try your luck again...

What i've done to my fog light connections is add some liquid electrical tape around the seams of the connections and used dialectic grease on the connections themselves. I used to have similar issues to you last winter almost every month. Hasn't happened once this winter.

Back