'02 sedan SE left speakers

Override

Reaction score
I have stock sedan i got a couple weeks ago from a private owner. i just now noticed that the driver side speakers arent working. :(

maybe its been set to only produce sound from right speakers? how do you change that?

or is it that they've been blown and i have to replace them?

my friend said to check to make sure there are no loose connections. Im a noob so any help is appreciated!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Try playing with the balance settings. You can do this by pushing in the tuning knob and cycle through the settings, bass, treble, fade, and balance.

If the sound is being evenly distributed to all the speakers, are you hearing anything from the driver side, like a a static or fuzz? I would think that would indicate a blown speaker.

Doubt it's a loose connection.

metrick1235

Reaction score
^^^^^ Yes check this first. if they are the stock speakers it is highly unlikely that they have come undone because of the connection clips.. The balance knob is on the stereo itself so you dont have to worry about finding it in a menu.. here are a few questions. Did it have an aftermarket stereo in it before, if so the previous owner my have not connected things correctly back when they put the stock stereo back in. Also check to see if there are even speakers in the door or back window.

Override

Reaction score
Thanks guys! so it wasnt a loose connections. both the speakers were working and the previous owner had switched it to right side only. After pulling and pushing several knobs on the deck i found that its these (for the 2002 accord se)

IMG-20120130-00306.jpg

you have to pull them and the left one is for front/back. right one is for left right.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Sweet, nice when things are an easy fix.

My bass/treble/balance/fade are built into my tuning knob...interesting yours have their own dials.

Back