(Tranny) *Update*

JEER42

Reaction score
I need help fellow 6thgenners! Lately it's been getting harder to get my car into gear. Even some grinding sometimes. Last night I was driving home and then all of a sudden I could not get into ANY gear. I could not drive the car so I coasted to safety and waited for the tow truck. First time on a tow truck in 9 years!

My clutch feels weird now and seems like it has less room to travel. None of the gears will go in even when the car is turned off. Feels like some will go in when the car is off but when I turn it on.. forget it. I got it in reverse a few times but that's it. The shifter cables seem OK and the fluid is good too. Anyone have any ideas? Clutch, slave cylinder, cables, tranny???? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited:

Goblin

Reaction score
Re: I give up! (Tranny)

Yeah, sounds like you just need a new clutch. Had a similar problem like that with my RSX but the clutch pedal just went to the floor. Replaced master cylinder and was good to go.

Madelinot169

Reaction score

Lol I had to drive mine a few times and my clutch has been ****ed now for over a month. I have to put it in 1st or 2nd then start it and press gas, like putting clutch pedal to the floor did nothing at all, had to use the starter to get moving then take off lol. Even when driving i'd press in the clutch and the car would still accelerate.

Also only had 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gears and they are really hard to change, have to be at certain RPM and sometimes they wont go in and just grind, I feel your pain.

JEER42

Reaction score

What I discovered so far is that after closer inspection, one of my shifter cables was broken. That should fix the shifting problem. After that is done I will probably need to replace the clutch since it still feels very strange. I think my cable broke from shifting hard with a bad clutch. I also need brakes and a cv joint boot. Yeah my car will be down for a while...

JEER42

Reaction score
Further inspection reveals that the clutch pedal assembly was flexing when the clutch was engaged. This is why my clutch felt useless. Forcing the gears in broke my shifter cable soon after. My buddy made a plate to affix to the assembly and the crossmember and I'm back on the road with the Accord. If you do a 5 speed swap, you HAVE to secure the top of the clutch pedal assembly otherwise it will flex and eventually snap. Oh and the CV joint and brakes were done too, should be good for a while now.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Glad it's all taken care of. Securing the clutch pedal properly is a must.

JEER42

Reaction score
Glad it's all taken care of. Securing the clutch pedal properly is a must.

Thanks Ryder, I learned that the hard way! I can't believe it lasted this long like that. My clutch has always been crazy hard. I will need to adjust it somehow.

Back