Outfitting a 98 Accord LX Sedan

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I don't know haha I would do it buuuut....

Anyways, there's a few people who have done it that may chime in.

Accord2Show

Reaction score
So far looks like you have a nice set up. In subs and amps i have a pair of Eclips 12 and 2 amps that power them if you are interested in them.

schmiddr2

Reaction score
Last edited:

bwizard

Reaction score
Definitely a good read....makes plenty of sense too. Only did a little work yesterday..... my 4way rca cable is a bit too short to run along the passenger side edge. Im going to go under the center console and had to research how to pull that thing up.....Im almost ready to pop the driver seat back in and take it to a local shop. :furious: I have to make a baffle/spacer for the fronts too. The factory basket is of no use with the spr 60's. Picked up a 2 x 4 sheet of 1/2 MDF and will make the baffles and amp rack out of that. Im planning on mounting the amps to the rear seat supports

bwizard

Reaction score
Spent a good portion of the day inside the Accord. I dismantled the center console enough to run the signal wires from the head unit back to the trunk. I then tied into the wire harness' speaker wires going out to the car speakers with some 16 gauge wire and ran those back to the trunk. The idea there is to run the 4way rca cable from the head unit to the 4 channel amp in the trunk and then feed the factory wiring the amp'd signal so I dont have to rewire everything.

Also made the baffles/spacers for the spr-60's...they work. Was able to reinstall the driver side door panel for fit without any clearance issues.

So, basically, everything is now functioning. Still have some planning to do in the trunk, and still have to mount the tweeters in the door. I think I'll handle the tweeters and sub out the trunk work to an experienced installer.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

schmiddr2

Reaction score
It can either be bad/loose connections from amp to speaker or the amp is not putting out any power.

If it's not the speaker wire connections then check the amp lights to see if it's going into protect; if it's not that then determine if the RCA's are plugged up properly along with the remote wire. You really could use a multi-meter for stuff like this and it would be easier.

bwizard

Reaction score
At first, right front cut out then left as well. Rears are fine. Ill jiggle everything a bit tommorow. I stiil have things half put together. I have a good fluke meter and was planning on testing each speaker wire for continuity against the amp ground to check for a short.

Back