Outfitting a 98 Accord LX Sedan

SykVSyx

Reaction score
This is impressive, nice to see you kept everything clean with your install.

I have my tweeters mounted in the same place on the doors, the sound is excellent in that location.

schmiddr2

Reaction score
I think you said it only does it while driving. So disconnect the sub and try to make the speakers cut out at high volumes. And like I have said before, if it does it while parked then test it with a battery charger hooked up to the battery while the car is running.

bwizard

Reaction score
I think you said it only does it while driving. So disconnect the sub and try to make the speakers cut out at high volumes. And like I have said before, if it does it while parked then test it with a battery charger hooked up to the battery while the car is running.

I think ive eliminated voltage as a problem. Listening to the tuner, they have dropped if every situation, parked, running, sub off, on, etc. So the speakers only seem drop when Im using the tuner. With pandora as an input, no problems, ipod, no problems, cd, no problems. Could be an issue with the HU maybe?

bwizard

Reaction score
This is impressive, nice to see you kept everything clean with your install.

I have my tweeters mounted in the same place on the doors, the sound is excellent in that location.

Thanks, I like that location on the tweeters too. Im going to get a few finished pics up when I make the last few final touches....Im real happy with it. I didnt know anything about installing when I started. Now I know enough that if I ever decide to do another car, Ill pay to have it done. lol

It sure does make my one hour in the car everyday much more enjoyable. Next is coilovers Teins ordered a few days ago......and Acura RSB and moog endlinks.

schmiddr2

Reaction score
Measure the output voltage from the HU, then from the amplifier outputs. Measure them at highest volume during the same song looking at peak voltage (a peak hold button would help). Do this once using Pandora and once using the Tuner. Might be difficult to get decent comparison because of the level variations between songs, but this will tell you what the HU voltage is actually at and if it is actually giving output when the problem occurs. And likewise with the amp. Then use Ohms law to determine the actual current draw of the amp which might or might not show that it is going into protect mode.

bwizard

Reaction score
A follow up to the amp mounting....made a box with a little gap under the front and rear edge and hid all the wires underneath.....

ry%3D400

Back