(Fixed)

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: HELP car starts then jumps to 5k rpm stays there

Sounds like you might have a sensor switch around possibly.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score

Sounds to me like you need to check your wiring to the idle control area and the throttle position because your ECU seems to be telling your car that you have your foot on the gas and are flooring the car.

Check your throttle cable... you may have it to tight.

O and you may have an exhaust or it may be something worse inside your engine. Make sure it is truly just an exhaust leak.

Brad2274

Reaction score

should i check voltage going to the tps when i start it? or should i switch it to ohms and put power through the sensor? probably both im guessing

hondatech03

Reaction score

check the ohms on the tps and the iac (sensors only)

001Stunna

Reaction score

You can either check with an ohm meter or an obd2 live reader to see what signal the TPS is giving out. It should be around 9-10% with your foot off the gas pedal. Go over all the connections once again to verify you havent mixed switches with one another.

Brad2274

Reaction score

thanks guys, got it running today, i switched intake manifolds and throttle bodies and that solved the problem, now it's just jumping from 1-2k rpms, but that's either because im using the TB with a bad IACV or because of a vacuum leak since i didnt secure all the Jap clamps.
im switching the IMs again tomorrow(the one i took off was just rebuilt and painted) but keeping this working TB with working TPS, then switching IACVs as well. and if it still works after all this, then it could only be the TPS (or the MA sensor, but that wasnt suspect) btw this exhaust leak makes my car sound like a mustang 5.0 lol

Back