(Fixed) noob mistake, but discovered how to slam on tein SS

Brad2274

Reaction score
Re: To Low? Installed Coilovers, somethings wrong

halppp, i have no clue if i installed them wrong or if its faulty coils, idk if its even safe to drive, waiting to hear back from tein but it is a holiday

Brad2274

Reaction score

Nobody?

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk 2

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Maybe check with some members who have Tein SS on their 6GA's, hopefully they're still around the site. Doesn't Lemon have them?

Does it look like the set you bought was altered or modified in any way?

001Stunna

Reaction score

Tein Basic/SS/SA/Basis are all 7Front/4Rear no matter if 4cyl or v6

Either those coils are not made for a 6GA...or the person you bought them from had different springs on there that did not originally come with the coilovers.

All the coils should have a chrome looking sticker with a part# on them. At least one of the four probably still has it on and it hasn't washed off/ripped off. Write it down and post the #. It should say one of these DSH94-2USS1, DSH94-2USS1, GSH94-1USS2, DSH94-KUSS2,

Last edited:

cjsaccord

Reaction score

Are you sure you adjusted the height correctly in the front? from how you explained it, it sounds like you have the front adjusted all the way down and the the rear adjusted all the way up.
I would just adjust the front to the same height that you are sitting at in the rear, and just keep measuring to make sure that its even all the way around.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score

Are you sure you adjusted the height correctly in the front? from how you explained it, it sounds like you have the front adjusted all the way down and the the rear adjusted all the way up.
I would just adjust the front to the same height that you are sitting at in the rear, and just keep measuring to make sure that its even all the way around.

there is a picture of the front coilover on the previous page...

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

I bought a set of Tein SS brand new before I bought my FF type 1's. I can guaranteed you that with the front coils maxed out you will have a one inch finger gap. If yours is tucking already, then that's clearly not normal. I would ask the seller to see if he can confirm the coil is made for a accord, and did he switch or alter the spring.

My signature picture is 16's with Tein SS.

Last edited:

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

I have no idea what is wrong with these, but I know they shouldn't be that reaching those levels of "low". Mine have about a little less than a half an inch of threads left and I've got a about 1 finger gap on my TL wheels.

Brad2274

Reaction score

waiting to hear back from seller now, im gonna call tein again too tomorrow, i put a picture of the fronts current set up.
Front coils came with both locking collars on, the thin plastic spring base, and 6.0kg springs(seller said theyre 6.0, and i think i recall seeing that on them in white letters) then i put oem tophats on from my suspension(spring, then the metal cone/flat washer base thing for tophat, thin black washer, tophat with the rubber mounts still in it, then washer and nut, used everything but the dustboot stuff)

Any way to tell if the struts are blown? pushing on the corners it's definetly stiffer than factory, doesnt bounce all over the place

Brad2274

Reaction score

I bought a set of Tein SS brand new before I bought my FF type 1's. I can guaranteed you that with the front coils maxed out you will have a one inch finger gap. If yours is tucking already, then that's clearly not normal. I would ask the seller to see if he can confirm the coil is made for a accord, and did he switch or alter the spring.

My signature picture is 16's with Tein SS.
and i remember seeing on the stickers on the coils it said like 98+ accord

Edit- seller never had them on the car, jacked up the front for spring numbers fronts were smudged so i never noticed before,
front- G040-EBC
rear- I070- EBC1
couldnt find them on teins site, but the serial on the fronts on the 98-02 accord SS coils should be SM070-01250 and rears should be SC040-01250, it's looking like i put the rears on the front :eusa_doh: but i thought the shorter, smaller ones went up front like the factory suspension is?

Last edited:
Back