(Fixed) noob mistake, but discovered how to slam on tein SS

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
Re: To Low? Installed Coilovers, somethings wrong

I have a theory but it may or maynot be correct..

If the coils came from the factory with tien top hats and your using oem that could be the cause. And if it is congrats you've figured out how to get lower on teins

Why do I believe this? 5th gen prelude guys use oem top hats to get lower in the front on twins,bc, funtion form etc..

Just a thought

Sent from my toilet via TapTalk2

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score

usually the stiffer spring will go in the front, for obvious reasons haha. if you do have them backwards, that's probably the problem.

I have a theory but it may or maynot be correct..

If the coils came from the factory with tien top hats and your using oem that could be the cause. And if it is congrats you've figured out how to get lower on teins

Why do I believe this? 5th gen prelude guys use oem top hats to get lower in the front on twins,bc, funtion form etc..

Just a thought

yeah...maybe. the only thing that really makes that not work is how high the fronts are spun up. if he put them all the way down, he'd be close to tucking rim, but i'm sure the uca would just rest on the strut tower before it'd even get to that point, haha. there's no way a different top hat would make that much of a difference.

Brad2274

Reaction score

yeah i guess i did them wrong, ill switch them tomorrow or something. it all makes sense now hahah.
Tbh it doesnt ride that bad with the backward spring setup, just not feeling the snowplow dragster look, i originally set the fronts up with an inch of thread left and i couldnt get the low profile jack out lol.
And Tein SS dont come with tophats, but i guess i did figure out how to slam an accord in the front with teins

001Stunna

Reaction score

There is no way for you to install the rear dampers in the front, or the fronts in the rear. You can reverse the springs though.

If you put 4 in the front and 7 in the rear, that would explain your front sitting low even at max perch height.

Brad2274

Reaction score
im about 24" from fender to ground, but when i put the teins in backwards i was easily 23" or less in the front

Back