*PLEASE HELP* 1999 Accord has Non-working Wipers, Parking lights, and cruise control.

chaby_91

Reaction score
Re: *PLEASE HELP* 1999 Accord has Non-working Wipers, Parking lights, and cruise cont

post it here so others can have a look at it too.

Pudge49902

Reaction score
Re: *PLEASE HELP* 1999 Accord has Non-working Wipers, Parking lights, and cruise cont

Last edited:

chaby_91

Reaction score

if you send them by email, am I going to be able to read them?

Pudge49902

Reaction score

try looking now. they should look better. if not pm me ur email

TJH

Reaction score

That will be really helpful. I had no luck finding an actual wiring diagram elsewhere. You rock!

I went to the Junk Yard today, but they told me to come back tomorrow.
(The girl on the phone said open till 5pm, I got there at 4:10 and the boss man says they close at 4:30 and there are too many Hondas for me to walk back there and pick one in 20 minutes). They said they have a whole row of accords. The junk yard went past the horizon, HUGE!

So... I'll try again tomorrow. (They're open 7 days a week).

I'll be getting:
*a passenger fuse panel, so we can test that #10 fuse and circuit.
*both combo switches (for lights and wipers)
*and IF I have the money, I might even pull a wiper motor, just so i'm covered.

Thanks for every body's help on this.

I'll check back in tomorrow, as soon as I get the new fuse panel in and I test the parking-light-switch again.

Last edited:

chaby_91

Reaction score

allright so I looked at the diagrams. power distribution one is mostly useless. misses much needed information.

cc main switch bulb burns out is the button is constantly on. clock light dead is common on our cars. I want to focus on the gauges and odometer ones. They have different power source, but the same ground (or rather wire to multiplex control unit). maybe that circuit is open.

I would need the diagrams of the headlamps and the wiper motor.

Also, what's the job on the car? Only the described symptoms?

TJH

Reaction score

Just installed the new passenger fuse box.

Wipers work again (however, he did say they worked every once in a while.
Also, dome and door lights work again, and here's the kicker...

The combo light switch is getting power on the Red/Blk wire when in the "parking light" setting.

So switch tested ok, but still no parking lights, or gauge lights when in that setting. when headlights are in the "On" setting, side lights and gauges light up.

What should I test next? Bulbs, broken wires?

Thanks.

chaby_91

Reaction score

I thought the parking light circuit would be in the headlights diagram.

Considering everything you mentionned, it's got to be the parking light circuit open that's open after the switch.

Last diagram shows a wire from the switch to the driver fusebox. I'd test that wire first.

TJH

Reaction score

I agree. I'll check that wire and let you know what I find.

Thanks man.

Back