'01 EX auto-off lights not working

james'99

Reaction score
Yeah, looking at that now but obviously a false signal somewhere. Gotta see if I can find a different diagram. I had issues with my multiplexer in the past. Just trying to see why only half of the process is happening (parking lights turning off and headlights on). Maybe also a we security system diagram? This power off feature is specific to the EX as previously stated.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
to start looking,

I would see which side it gets voltage at:

C201, blue/white, from O6 'Driver Under Dash Fuse/Relay Box / Multiplex' -TO- A7 'Under Hood Fuse/Relay Box"

Check which side gets ground at:

blue/red, from A13 'Under Hood Fuse/Relay Box' -TO- C13 'Passenger Under Dash Fuse/Relay Box' -THEN- A20 'Passenger Multiplex' -THEN- blue/red J7 'Passenger Under Dash Fuse/Relay Box' TO 4 'Combination Light Switch'

If that makes sense, best to use a DVOM.

goldenchamp

Reaction score
The multiplexor might explain a couple other odd electrical gremlins that I've been having happen. The key chime very occasionally quits working for a second, and I noticed today during a rain storm that the variable intermittent wipers seem to default to the slowest setting for awhile before going back to the setting according to the switch on the wiper stalk. Are those all driver multiplexor problems? Could the passenger one be at fault too? Thanks!

james'99

Reaction score
The multiplexor might explain a couple other odd electrical gremlins that I've been having happen. The key chime very occasionally quits working for a second, and I noticed today during a rain storm that the variable intermittent wipers seem to default to the slowest setting for awhile before going back to the setting according to the switch on the wiper stalk. Are those all driver multiplexor problems? Could the passenger one be at fault too? Thanks!

Can't tell you which one to fault, but I do want to say something about the key. If the key is worn, you will not always here the chime. Try a different key or hold the key in the ignition. See if that affects it.

I would tie the wiper problems to a multiplexer personally. But I would be checking the functionality of the wiper switch first.

goldenchamp

Reaction score
Can't tell you which one to fault, but I do want to say something about the key. If the key is worn, you will not always here the chime. Try a different key or hold the key in the ignition. See if that affects it.

I would tie the wiper problems to a multiplexer personally. But I would be checking the functionality of the wiper switch first.

I'll order a new multiplexor as soon as I get paid :p I'm using a recently cut key, so I know that's not the problem. I was amazed that the dealer was able to cut a fresh key from a super worn one. (If you're ever in the Portland area, Wilsonville Honda will take care of you for less than some independent shops!)

Back