2001 Coupe speaker upgrade

PhattyT

Reaction score
^ ohh what you mean by 3-4 speakers in the same system? o_O because i plan to get the 6000's then buy a pair of 6x9 for the rears... would the crossovers help with the rears too?

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
PhattyT said:
^ ohh what you mean by 3-4 speakers in the same system? o_O because i plan to get the 6000's then buy a pair of 6x9 for the rears... would the crossovers help with the rears too?

some people run a true 3-way system for the front stage (front setup), in that they will have an 8" or so midbass, a 5-7" midrange, and then a tweeter. its easy to be lazy with a 3-way component system though and not install or tune it right, so its really not a very smart option for most people. unless you're a huge audiophile and will spend the time to take full advantage of it (time tuning i mean).

the only reason you would cross the rear 6x9's your buying would be if you wanted them to act as a midbass... in that case, you would probably only want them to play from I don't know 200hz-60hz and then have a subwoofer play from 60-80hz down. honestly though, not to be a prick, but that's probably way over your head and a lot more complicated then you would need or want.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
When i said 3-4 speakers, look at alot of home audio set ups. You will see a multiple component set up all the time. It's the same priciple. I was using it as example though. You can do it in a car though. But it would be one channel where speakers are close, not front and rear.

PhattyT

Reaction score
this audio thing is confusing me T_T , to make things simple... 6000's and crossover for fronts and leave the rear alone with 6x9... i think that should be enough bumpin for my ride.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Just use the supplied crossovers. And you will be good. They will have no adjustment most likely or on choice for the tweeters that will lower it like 2db or so if the speakers are harsh on the highend. So, even if you don't understand it, just use what it comes with and it will work fine.

Spyder

Reaction score
PhattyT said:
this audio thing is confusing me T_T , to make things simple... 6000's and crossover for fronts and leave the rear alone with 6x9... i think that should be enough bumpin for my ride.
If you have subs I would unplug the 6x9's. I may try to rig a switch for the stock 6x9's so that I can just flip it on if there's someone in the back and I'm listening to music. But I probably won't cause if I have company in the back seat we either are talking or they are sleeping.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Spyder said:
If you have subs I would unplug the 6x9's. I may try to rig a switch for the stock 6x9's so that I can just flip it on if there's someone in the back and I'm listening to music. But I probably won't cause if I have company in the back seat we either are talking or they are sleeping.
Many people skip the rears, for "sound stage". But i find it makes for nice rear fill. Just lower the volume and lower the crossover point. I never liked just front speakers personally.

Back