Post your setup ver. Update ver. Big Ballas

I4 CG5

Reaction score
Main:
Headunit: Kenwood something that doesn't turn on b/c the ground wire got pulled out of the harness
Equalizer: Crossfire cfq5.2 hooked up to 30 gb iPod via Monster cable wire
Front Speakers: Infinity Kappa Perfect 5.25" components (relocated tweeters to door panels)
Rear Speakers: Infinity Kappa 6.5" 2-ways
Sub: 12" Crossfire BMF
Box: Slot ported tuned to 38 Hz
Amp 1: Crossfire vr804 4 channel amp for speakers
Amp 2: Crossfire vr302 2 channel amp (bridged) for sub

Accessories:
0 awg (that's right, zero bitches) power wire to a fused distribution block with a 4 awg wire (to 4 channel amp) and a 8 awg wire (to 2 channel amp)
0 awg ground wire for battery
12 awg wire to all speakers. Front wires are ran through where the factory wires are ran to the doors, which was a huge PITA
StreetWires RCA's (the twisted kind)
StreetWires battery clamps
StreetWires power wire ring terminals (or whatever they're called)
Enough zip ties to scare Chuck Norris

lyttleviet

Reaction score
Way to be an ashole dude. It was just a question.

dont be so sensitive. It is after all the internet and you probably read what I wrote wrong =P... But by the looks of your sig you tend to be this way so I'll leave it at that.

Well, here's mine...

Head unit: Pioneer DEH-P5800MP
Dash: Factory tweeters :(
Front speakers: Pioneer 4-way 6.5s (I forget which model, they are the TS series, though)
Rear Speakers: Pioneer TS-6971R 3-way 6x9s
Amp: Pioneer GM-6200F 600watt 4-channel
Subwoofers: Two Rockford Fosgate Punch P1 10"s
Amp: Rockford Fosgate Punch P600.2 1800watt 2-channel
Box: Custom-built and carpeted by myself and my father to exact specs of RF
Wiring: Scosche everything, 8ga. to the Pioneer 4ga. to the Punch

My weakest link is probably the 6x9s, even with the HPF set to 50hz they still crap out if you crank it. I'm also not very satisfied with the 6.5s, but they are HPF'ed at 80hz, and they do a decent job with the mids and highs, combined with the factory tweeters.

If you like pioneer look into the pioneer 720PRS. They are VERY affordable components and sound GREAT in person.

98accordEX

Reaction score
Headunit:

besides.. I don't listen to music that bumps bass like crazy. I just want CRISP sound.

You dont' really need to listen to music that bumbs like crazy for a sub to benefit any system. Subwoofers are designed for bass therefore any system without one is lacking those true lower frequency sounds. I am not saying it is necessary I am just saying that you can still have CRISP sound with good bass that doesn't "bump like crazy"

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
A sub that reveals it's existence is completely worthless IMO. A subwoofer is meant to fill that last 1/4 of the frequency range. Many will disagree with me but if you ask a true audiophile they'll tell you the same thing.

98accordEX

Reaction score
A sub that reveals it's existence is completely worthless IMO. A subwoofer is meant to fill that last 1/4 of the frequency range. Many will disagree with me but if you ask a true audiophile they'll tell you the same thing.

OK I might have spoken without knowing enough about what I am talking about. So when you say a sub that reveals it's existence do you mean a sub that is not sealed? This may be true, but that would not mean that my statement is incorrect.

Can you also explain how a true audiophile would not think that a 1/4 (that seems like a large amount to me) of a frequency range would be important?

Now if your talking about a true audiophile's finely tuned system with extremely expensive amps than I could see how that could change...

I myself, that does not have an elaborate expensive system (like the majority of the people here) have listened to my system and many other systems with and without a sub and IMO it sounds much better with good sub and amp no matter what music.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
I meant from a sound standpoint, sorry for not being more clear. An audiophile would agree that a sub is meant to fill that last 1/4 of the frequency range discreetly.

98accordEX

Reaction score
OK I am sorry but you are still being a little unclear to me. What exactly does from a "sound standpoint" mean.
It is very logical and I completely agree with that any system would sound better if that frequency was filled discreetly.

However, that does not say anything about whether a system would sound better with a sub or not. And discreet or not, I still think getting that bass sounds better.

Last edited:

Totalimmortal

Reaction score

I was agreeing with you in this post.

Without a sub, a system is incomplete. It's not feasible for a single speaker to reproduce the entire 20-20,000hz, nor is there a speaker that can do it accurately. A subwoofer should not stick out in the sense that it should not overpower any other aspect of the system, which they more often do.

98accordEX

Reaction score
I was agreeing with you in this post.

Without a sub, a system is incomplete. It's not feasible for a single speaker to reproduce the entire 20-20,000hz, nor is there a speaker that can do it accurately. A subwoofer should not stick out in the sense that it should not overpower any other aspect of the system, which they more often do.

Ahh...ok my bad. Yes I agree with you too and that was basically my point as well: that just because you have a sub doesn't mean that it is HAS to be some booming bass that takes away from your "crisp" sound. It only adds to it. If you have a sub you can use your midrange speakers for what they are designed for therefore eliminating distortion by turning down your low frequency to your components and further, potentially having an even more "crisp" sound.

Back