Track/AutoX discussion

CG2

Reaction score
So it's AutoX season... and I've decided I'm doing my brakes...

1y6bt1.jpg

Hondatech03 too:

42576674-65b8-28c5.jpg

Shelf of parts

Anyone running this season? I'll be with these guys:

5e4d325887bc4110a9f4ec3f2a2acac1.JPG

Last edited:

jbl

Reaction score
No, but I'd like to. I'd love to get out and keep everyone nimble before our next race:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42196827@N04/6938762392/in/set-72157629468134818

Some friends and I recently completed our first race in The 24 Hours of Lemons. We got this 6G for a song (high rear end collision) so we decided to use that as our base. I have some details listed in here somewhere, but essentially, we're working with the J30A1 and AT (we mounted an external cooler, but still...).

I'll have to look into these more in the Philly area. What are the requirements/rules/qualifications?

jdmcg3

Reaction score
by chance did you buy those calipers off ebay?

there was just a set up there that looked exactly like the ones you have, exact same condition. they were for 180 shipped. i wanted to pick them up so bad but didnt have the funds

Last edited:

jbl

Reaction score
I really want a six speed as well :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG9cB-9j2Kg&feature=BFa&list=UU3MBWPl3KscEwMZ2jUjbIsg

What are you running in terms of suspension?

Normal SCCA rules, simple tech inspection, helmet... I haven't looked into it yet.

Yeah. We'd like to, but between our limited funds and know-how, an AT rebuild could be in the future instead of a swap. I still think we may have upset the computer enough that that's our problem in the high end and it's not fully the AT. I need to do some research on OBDII readers and pick one up some day.

The suspension is bone stock, except for a 20mm rear sway out of a CL. I know it leaned a lot, but I wonder what would've happened with the 15mm :ugh: I imagine the tires did us the most good (Dunlop Direzza Star Specs). We managed to widdle our time down to 1:38 on Sunday at the Lightning Circuit (not terrible for an almost stock sedan w/ an AT).

CG2

Reaction score
by chance did you buy those calipers off ebay?

there was just a set up there that looked exactly like the ones you have, exact same condition. they were for 180 shipped. i wanted to pick them up so bad but didnt have the funds
No I got it on ebay but for 290 shipped. I wish it cost $180 lol. They're actually in great condition, hardly used... still gotta clean them lol.

If anyone is selling used brackets LMK...

The suspension is bone stock, except for a 20mm rear sway out of a CL. I know it leaned a lot, but I wonder what would've happened with the 15mm I imagine the tires did us the most good (Dunlop Direzza Star Specs). We managed to widdle our time down to 1:38 on Sunday at the Lightning Circuit (not terrible for an almost stock sedan w/ an AT).
24mm progress bar might help.

Last edited:

jbl

Reaction score
24mm progress bar might help.

Not sure if I'm ready to upgrade that rear sway without doing anything else to the suspension first. At 24mm with nothing else, I'd be afraid the car would have a tendency to kick out the rear, no? But like I said, budget-wise, buying a new sway bar would take $$ away from other things. It's looking like we only have $400 to play with this time, so upgrades will be minimal and of the homegrown/redneck variety. Any cheap upgrades and ideas are welcome...we're not afraid of fabricating (maybe not any good at it, but not afraid to try).

blur

Reaction score
Look at stuff from the TL, their rear sway is like 19 or 20 mm and way cheaper
He already has the 20...

Maybe you can find a cheap used set of konis?

You can also stitch weld the chassis if you know how...

Last edited:
Back