Richard's '02 V6 Coupe EX-L

JV6

Reaction score
Re: Sil2DrV6's '02 CG2 EX-L

glad your ok bro, sorry to hear about the coupe ><

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Nice to see your thoroughness extends beyond your list of maintenance and modifications. I feel like I was standing on the sidewalk as the wreck occured...
Thank you, sir. Was putting my full effort on this, since I couldn't get any witnesses att. Right on. Good to know.

glad your ok bro, sorry to hear about the coupe ><
Heey James, it's been a long time, man. Thanks. Yea it's a hassle, but hopefully the car will be shinier than before when this is over!

How's your Lexus? Still rocking w/ Tein + RPF1 ?

Haha

Any updates?
Well, I got a reply back from my insurance, telling me that: After reviewing my videos & photos, along with the adjuster's photos, his determination is that it's their fault. Not mine; I knew it. :coffee:

At this point, he can only issue a check in the amount of my deductible, which is not enough for the estimated price of the repair. He said he can't adjust my deductible, until he gets a confirmation that the other carrier (the victimizer's insurance provider) is agreed to his determination.

He told me to choose my preferred shop + their shop info + the copy of my estimate I got. I chose the body shop where they painted 'n installed my lip kit's all around. He also told me that the shop needs to contact him, whenever there are more additional / hidden damages to the vehicle for the repair. I guess I can set the date 'n drop off the vehicle to the shop from now, but.. the prob is that the shop is all booked up till... the 1st wk of December.. So I asked my agent to see if its ok (good idea / bad) that I wait for that long till the repair starts.

That's how it is as of today. Will update it for sure tho.

Damn.. So much details to answer your two words. :henry: Well, I just can't help it b/c my this car is part of my soul lol.

phi1542

Reaction score

^ Thanks man. Yeah we'll see how it goes. Such a PITA to go thru all of this, especially for a modded car lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Yeah been there done that LOL and it's good to hear they are cooperating. I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Ugh I forgot how complicated that all can get. You are on top of it though it sounds like, I hope it all flows as smoothly as possible! Gonna be hard to drive a damaged car for another ~2 months. But when you find a shop you trust, that really means something.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Yeah been there done that LOL and it's good to hear they are cooperating. I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

Although it's just a fender bender w/ minor cosmetics + alignment, a non-at-fault accident always takes one's time and effort relentlessly.

Yeah you get better at it when you've BTDT lol; There was a time when a bus (minivan type) hit my whole door panel, and that was f*ucking hectic haha. :rotflmao:
DSCN3707.jpg

DSCN3715.jpg

Thanks for your hope, man; It seems like it's progressing w/o any time lag.

Ugh I forgot how complicated that all can get. You are on top of it though it sounds like, I hope it all flows as smoothly as possible! Gonna be hard to drive a damaged car for another ~2 months. But when you find a shop you trust, that really means something.
Yeah it gets complicated b/c usually insurance companies can only try their best to determine who's fault by only listening / reading both side's of the story (+ witnesses if there're any). And, stories can really change later on by lies 'n egos. On the other hand, my dash cam video proves everything. DVR ftw on this case. :waytogo:

I decided not to get a rent-a-car this time b/c I can borrow parents' Subbie :p (And, that car needs some running, since it hibernates seasonally lol.) Yea 2 month is kinda lame but if it get's damaged, might as well do it right at 1st place 'n be patient, like how you should, when you drop it off for a quality service, right? This body shop is in between my home & work, and it's a shop that a lot of car guys, who's working for cars, usually have their cars serviced there. Not only that the handle aftermarket parts, I also remember their reviews being commented positively well, and they had excellent customer service when I had my lip kit's 'n side skirts all painted, which made me decided to return 'n wait till December. :boink:

A little update: The other insurance provider (victimizer's) did accept liability, so I will receive additional check for my deductible. :)

Actually, this sh*t ironically made me active on this forum once again lately, too haha. Was planning on editing 'n posting pics of a small meet with another 6gen, but I got demotivated by all of this lol. Will post them, when I get a chance tho!

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Well, the weather out here is getting crappier. :Boo: I decided not to drive the car when it rains b/c my head light housing is damaged by the car collision, which practically makes it almost no chance of driving recently lol. (And the tire by the fender rubs pretty bad on freeways.. :()

Anyways, there wont be anything big going on, for the car till the repair starts in December, but here are some stuff I did before/after the accident:

Changed out the cabin air filters @ 162,5xx mi. I try to do this every year, before the flu season starts, but I get so lazy to do this. Removing nearly 15 screws to reach for the damn filters sucks.. right? such a bad location imo, b/c I always end up taking more than half an hr haha. Especially when I hear that my buddy's RSX needs only 5 min to change them lol
IMAG6843_zpsuuk2kys1.jpg

My left rear tire was keep deflating over night. Checked the valve stem core but it was fine, so I took it off and saw an metal screw stuck in it.. Pic is after the repair w/ the butyl rubber piece in. My 6-yr-old tire treads need an attention haha. :burnout:
IMAG6885_zpshhet4wmy.jpg

Found out that my universal license plate brackets weren't fully stainless lol. Went to a hardware store for the stainless pieces.
IMAG6847_zpsmbsdrujo.jpg

IMAG6850_zpspzt319pu.jpg

It's finally time to peel it off! :chewie: (This one's the most exciting thing among all up here lol)
IMAG6787_zpsxznek3yj.jpg

Haven't had a chance to show how my PIAA 6000K LAPIZ LED map lights look, so here it is. But the camera always makes it bluer than the actual Kelvin temp.. They're actually a lot whiter than this haha.
DSC_0005_zpsrkpni0wx.jpg

This is what made my life easier to deal with the vehicle collision I had recently. My portable GPS w/ DVR. :waytogo:
DSC_0013_zpskfxei33s.jpg

Oh snap, my car is on the HP haha! Obviously, the car is not as pretty as it shows atm, but hopefully, I'll get to restore the damage in one-time-repair. Gonna miss the look of her fresh fender like this, till the repair starts in December haha.
IMAG6421_zpskiblvpqf.jpg

Thanks for looking. :rotflmao:

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score

I agree with the cabin air filter lol I just changed mine last week and it was a PITA. It's not hard but can be a pain.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

^ I always struggle to pull out the glove box for some reasons. Like I'm getting red 'n sweaty, holding my breath for a straight minute or two to remove that damn thing out lol. Wonder if that's just me haha.

phi1542

Reaction score

^ I always struggle to pull out the glove box for some reasons. Like I'm getting red 'n sweaty, holding my breath for a straight minute or two to remove that damn thing out lol. Wonder if that's just me haha.
No dude lol me too. That's literally the hardest part imo....... everything else is just unscrew it. I actually broke some plastic parts on accident trying to get some of the **** off lol when I did mine last month I was sweating like crazy trying to get the glove box off for like 20 minutes but..... I forgot to take off 1 screw on the bottom..... my car has been parked outside so any work I do is on the street so the car is an oven.

Back