Installing a sun roof?

RickyG

Reaction score
Hey guys, lately I've been wishing that I had a sun roof really bad. So I was just wondering how hard would it be to instal one in a car with out one. I found a complete set up out of a coupe and was wondering how hard it would be to instal or have installed. And would it leak or not?

swollen_cu

Reaction score
it's possible, but i wuoldnt waste my time... you would have to cut a whole in your roof... lol

SilverAggie

Reaction score
One of my friends had one installed in her new 4Runner and it cost her a grand from toyota. If you think you would use it a grand worth then I guess it would be worth it.
What he said: You'd have to cut a hole in your roof lol:lolhitting:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
might as well just find an EX model...plus you'd get rear disc brakes thrown in as well.

Accord281

Reaction score
The thing about a stock moonroof is that it is not just a hole cut in the roof. The edges of the roof are bent down around the opening to allow for a better seal and for better drainage for the roof. Installing a stock one would cause major problems for you.

Your other option is to have a flip-up non-electronic sunroof installed in your car by a shop. The glass is also quick-release so that it can be removed from the inside. I had that done on my 89 accord. The aftermarket ones are designed so that after the hole is cut, the edges of the sunroof mount go over the cut edge and seals around it. Leaking is still a possibility, but mine never did. As long as a reputable shop does it and they guarantee their work, they would be able to fix any problems you have. I paid $213 to have it done back in 98. Nowadays, it would probably cost $300-350.

MrLazie1

Reaction score
and I haz rear disk brakes but no sun roof:ugh2:

how can you have rear disk brakes and no sunroof? thats what i dont get. is it 5 lugs converted and it is an ex model?

imo having on installed is not an option. getting a model that comes with one is more better than having one installed.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Your other option is to have a flip-up non-electronic sunroof installed in your car by a shop. The glass is also quick-release so that it can be removed from the inside. I had that done on my 89 accord. The aftermarket ones are designed so that after the hole is cut, the edges of the sunroof mount go over the cut edge and seals around it. Leaking is still a possibility, but mine never did. As long as a reputable shop does it and they guarantee their work, they would be able to fix any problems you have. I paid $213 to have it done back in 98. Nowadays, it would probably cost $300-350.

They make power roofs like this as well.

and I haz rear disk brakes but no sun roof:ugh2:

Cause you're a V6 LX

Last edited:

RickyG

Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
haha makes sense. i'll look into this a little bit more. but right now it looks like getting a non oem sun roof would be my best bet.

Back