"Anastasia" My 2000 EX Coupe

F23Fanboy

Reaction score
Anastasia is a 2000 Honda Accord EX Coupe with a F23A1 four banger and a automatic transmission (bring on the hate) that I drive daily I drive about 400 miles a week in her so she looks a bit rough. She currently has 274k miles on her

I bought Anastasia in January this year from my big sister after totaling my 92 Camry for $2000 car has had 2 owners before me: the guy who bought it new and put it on lowering springs and installed a 12" Memphis Sub and an amp he sold it to my sister in 2007 and I bought it from my sister with 257k miles on it. The car has lived in North Carolina its entire life accept for 2 months my sister who owned it at the time took it up to Rochester, New York to use as transportation while she went to nursing school luckily the only victim of the salt was the exhaust system and the car is completely free of rust but that definitely does not mean its super clean either. Anastasia saw a lot of neglect while my sister owned her but I have been slowly bringing her back to her former glory and I have big plans for her but more on that for now here is a list of things done to the car so far.

Maintenance Items:
-Flushed all fluids accept transmission (because she is a automatic and I'm fairly certain the fluid is original and has never been changed)
-Complete fuel system clean
-Both window regulators because one went out and they were only $38 a piece
-Replaced the blown catalytic converter
-Oil Pan gasket (pan was surprisingly super clean no sludge at all)
-V-Tech solenoid gaskets (all of them)
-Valve Cover Gasket
-Replaced up-stream 02 sensor
-Distributor O-ring
-NGK plugs and Denso Wires
-Replaced all of the gauge cluster lights with LED ones
-And next up on the list is replacing the camshaft seals , crankshaft seal, balancing shaft seal, and front cover seals as well as all the belts under the cover, Serpentine belt, power steering belt, power steering pump gaskets, water pump and all the associated tensioners and pulleys because I am leaking oil everywhere from the front.

Modification List:
-2.5" Stainless Cat-back Exhaust system from Spec-D (I was broke and so was the original muffler) that has all the exhaust flanges welded together because it was leaking from every single flange even thought they all had gaskets and yes it sounds kinda rice and is pretty loud and drones.
-Megan Racing Rear Chamber Arms to correct the chamber that was eating tires in the back
-Megan Racing strut tower brace
-AEM Short Ram Intake
-Spec-D Halo style Headlights and the accompanying Black mesh grille
- 17x8.5 inch wheels with 225/50R17 Continental ProContacts because I prefer mechanical grip over tire stretch and i got the tires for free
-2.5" drop springs all around that were put on by the first owner
- Panasonic head unit with AUX jack and a Memphis 12" in a big sub box and a 800 watt amp I think, again done by the first owner
- Upgraded Front rotors to EBC Sloted rotors with Hawk HPS Pads
- Upgraded the Rear Anti Sway Bar to a 23MM Eibach one

Future Mods:
- Rolling the rear fenders before they destroy my tires (never mind did it with a heat gun and a baseball bat with my friend haha)
- Battery Relocation (need to research that one)
- Upgrading Front rotors to EBC Sloted rotors with Hawk HPS Pads
- Upgrading the Rear Anti Sway Bar to a 23MM Eibach one
- Upgrading to a Momo steering wheel and quick release
- NEED to upgrade the seats so bad with 274k miles on them they are uncomfortable but I'm not sure what i should upgrade to since i don't wanna drop $1k on front seats thinking about maybe buying some used S2k seats?
- Upgrading to Megan Racing EZ Street Coil-Overs
- f22/f23 hybrid in the future maybe with a turbo? Need to do more research. End goal is 300hp to the crank
- Eventually a switch to a 6 speed manual conversion with a LSD upgrade as well its a daily so its a long way off

4YhZLU3.jpg

KZMLqDa.jpg

OwcAAnl.jpg

what I started with I know she looks rough.

Also I need some advice I want to paint the chrome trim around my windows black. If I pull off the trim is it never going to go back on? I have a feeling that will be the case. Would it be easier to buy some new black trim instead? Also I'm looking for a front lip for my car any recommendations?

Last edited:

Silver99

Reaction score
Welcome. You can plasti dip your window trim, that's what I did. There is a diy on the diy master list thread. As for the front lip, I would get an OEM replica off eBay

rooky

Reaction score
Hey dude, you can check out members ride for inspiration especially RED RYDER and his buddies coupe. I have a sedan though but my recommendation is to start of with little upgrades like brakes, lip, spoiler, interior amenities, and etc..

twofast4u

Reaction score
For the front lip you can get the oem set from bayson r on eBay. Check them out!

F23Fanboy

Reaction score
2000 Coupe "Anastasia" Update

9MSzGHa.jpg
[/IMG]

pkUek5U.jpg
[/IMG]

ul9QyXF.jpg
[/IMG]

izieyLn.jpg
[/IMG]

Since the last time I have been on here I have been very busy and quite alot has been done to the car.

Short list of mods:
-Function Form Type Two 32 way adjustable Coilovers
-Megan Racing Chamber Arms
-Eibach Rear Anti-Sway bar
-Prothane Front Anti-Sway bar bushings
-Megan Racing Strut Brace
-Power Stop Z23 Front Brake kit (rotors and pads)
-StopTech Front braided steel brake lines
-17"x8.25" XXR 527 wheels in "hyper black"
-225/45R17 Continental Extreme Contacts
-Modified Alignment I set myself with rear chamber set at 0.5 degrees to help reduce overly aggressive lift off over-steer (I hope to get adjustable uppers for the front to set front chamber at 0.25 degrees)

What do you guys think? She handles so good now with the new tires! I love it!

Last edited:

Varnell

Reaction score
Re: 2000 Coupe "Anastasia" Update

Looking good. You've come a long way. How's the rubbing with those tires and -0.5° rear camber?

F23Fanboy

Reaction score

The front rubs a little on the inside of the front fenderwell but besides that no rubbing but I don't have any kind of tuck in the front and rear since the wheels are at least a good 0.75" outside of the wheel well so I am going to be saving up to have the fenders professionally pulled and rolled since it will have to be such an aggressive pull as you can see in this picture

boXIOiR.jpg
[/IMG]

I want to bring the rear down more to bring the roll center down more in the back.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Coming along, fitment will look better with the new body work. Just needs a new front bumper cover.

Back