Simple F23 question.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
D16A6 does 300hp as the limit, the limit.

Double the oem hp to be safe. That was like 110 stock, so keep it under 220 to be safe, probably the same for you.

F23accordowner

Reaction score
Then inform me and make me smarter, you need air and fuel and a spark for power, more air and fuel means more power. Hence forced induction psi greater then atmospheric pressure entering the motor. Am I right so far? A small turbo at 5 psI does not offer the same cfm as a large turbo with a different AR or "trim" at the same 5 psi on a gauge. So the larger turbo will produce more hp at 5 psi given that there is sufficent fuel and combistion occurs properly. Tell me where I am missing something so I can better understand you.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Gotta count exhaust manifold pressure.

5psi is 5psi, a small turbo may see 4psi in the exhaust, a large turbo may see 2psi there. So you have an effective boost of 1psi (small) or 3psi (large). imo, go small, like 14b or 16g size, enjoy reasonably quick boost/power. Those were usually on a 2.0, you have a 2.3, crank em up to ~8psi with an intercooler. Expect ~200hp, be happy.

Also the $$ factor, I could knock out one of those for ~$400, but you would need to build about all of it.

My last setup used the oem intake resonator as a tank, with a boat bilge pump to flow water through an oe oilcooler (idk what car) with a sheet metal made box as a water-to-air intercooler for ~$50 :D

Back