THE Suspension Review Thread

Sakuradrops808B

Reaction score
Brand & model: Ground Control Coil-over sleeves w/ KYB AGX Adjustable Damping Struts.
Price paid and from where: The whole system costed me around $800 from eBay plus extra for install.
Pros: From what people have said it is one of the best pair of sleeves and shock when they bring their car to the tracks, I agree. Both of the company have a R&D facility so you know they test their stuff for quality.
Cons: A little more on the stiff side because of the springs. Might be alittle noisy from what i have heard. For about the same price or more a complete system might be also good to consider.
Final verdict: Very good racing/track use system.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brand-tein ss coilovers
price-1.1 from machiii
pros-smooth and damper adjustment
cons-there are no cons for this monsta
final verdict-A+, recommended

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Brand & model: Progress 24mm Rear Sway Bar for TL-S

Price paid and from where: $143 shipped! But was only charged $131 :ownedrun: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0089492752&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT&viewitem=

Pros: Absolute most solid sway bar available for our 6thgens. 24mm is the thickest thickness I have found, and I did a bunch of research before purchasing this product. Thicker than OEM TL-S (19mm), Comptech (22mm), and Eibach (23mm)!

Cons: Absolutely none. One tip for sedans though: when installing the bar, the exhaust hanger must be bent down a little to clear the bar, otherwise it will rub on one spot of the bar causing aesthetic discomfort and occasional noise. You don't want it scraping the coating of the bar obviously.

Final verdict: A+. This product is the shiznit! After install, the car was on jackstands. When one jack stand was removed, both wheels remained in the air from one rear jackpoint! That's how stiff it is :hihi:.

talontsiawd

Reaction score

Brand & model:
Eibach prokits/prodampters
Price paid and from where:Around $500 from a local shop
Pros:Ride quality is great. My 17's make more of a difference than springs. Every time i put the stock wheels/tires on, i'm amazed how well my car rides for being lowered. I have had many combos on other cars and this is a great balance. It doesn't handle like crazy but well and i can drive every day without complaining. It's like a "sports package" maybe the accord "type s" suspension.
Cons:It isn't that low. That isn't a con to me because i knew i was going for the minimum drop. The boat look is evident, i did modify my shock taps so that is gone. However, i see why they have the front that much higher. Before i dropped it .5 in more by cutting the tab, i did not bottom out on anything, ever, that i would not have stock unless i was trying. Now, my front jack point hits significantly more. So the ride height is really exactly what you would want for a no compromise solution for a better handling car, not considering stance.
Final verdict:These springs are great to "wake up" your accords handling. These will not transform you car into some track monster. They are more than streetable, they could be stock. They arn't for anyone who wants to go low, have a harsh ride, handle like crazy, or all of the above. Almost a stock replacement with a 1.5 inch drop, a tad harsher but nothing you would mind if you wanted to mod you suspension in the first place. If anything, most would say they are too "tame" in ride, regardless of the drop. Excellent if it is what you want, terrible if you want to go much further, lower, etc.

coloradoavs97

Reaction score
Brand & model: Nuespeed upper strut bar
Price paid and from where: $160 from Nuespeed.com
Pros: Steering feels tighter and more responsive, especially on the highway, I think looks the best out of all them
Cons: Expensive, but apparently the most effective since it's one piece. Had to jack up one side of the car to put it on (just means the surface i was on wasn't level)
Final verdict: I'm all about the money if the product is going to be the most effective, and this is.

finch13

Reaction score
Brand & model: H&R Race Springs

Price paid and from where: Around $240 shipped (tire rack?)

Pros: Staggered 2.2"F/1.75"R lowering, eliminates the boat look. H&R quality.

Cons: Very stiff for a non-coilover spring. Requires GOOD dampers.

Final verdict: A+. Spring fitment and design is top notch. Great stance, great ride.

Brand & model: Koni Sport (Yellow) Dampers

Price paid and from where: $580 shipped from proamauto.com (authorized Koni reseller/lowest legit price I found)

Pros: Fully adjustable damping. Spring perches can be raised/lowered 10mm from their stock height. Fitment, install and hardware is great. Rebuildable FTW!

Cons: Bad instructions. Damping adjustment is on the top and not side, difficult to adjust often in the rear. DIY EDFC?

Final verdict: A+. These dampers can handle any spring and bump you can throw at them, definitely worth the price.

Lxcord

Banned
Reaction score
Brand & model: H&R sport springs
Price paid and from where: $170 shipped i think from ebay
Pros: very smooth ride quality, rides better than oem.
Cons: not enough of a drop, too subtle, i think a 1.5 inch in front and 1.2 in back. I wish the back dropped more.
Final verdict: Pretty good, but the drop is too conservative, i wish i got the race springs, but is a decent choice for poeple who want to keep a oem ride. I had these springs now for 3 years and they are still going strong.

Brand & model: Bilstein HD shocks
Price paid and from where: $500 from autocarparts.com
Pros: very smooth intial ride, looks good, good quality.
Cons: you can't adjust these shocks like the koni yellows, ride quality gets a little bumpy sometimes, price is wayyyy too high.
Final verdict: these are good shocks, but the koni yellows are a better alternative. Bilstein should have offered adjustable perches on these shocks, bad part on their move.

i will save for full coilovers though, full coilovers>springs-shock setup

Last edited:

Lxcord

Banned
Reaction score
Brand & model: Neuspeed Polished strut bar
Price paid and from where: $55 shipped from a member on V6P.
Pros: looks incredible, very stiff one piece design, actually works.
Cons: none
Final verdict: the best $55 i have ever spent.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Brand & model: OEM 03 TL-S strut bar
Price paid and from where: ~$75 from acura dealer
Pros: one solid piece, and replaces the two arms that come stock on the accords that go to the firewall. also can fit fine with the neuspeed bar as well.
Final verdict: def recommend

Brand & model: neuspeed strut bar
Price paid and from where: ~$110 from neuspeed
Pros: one solid piece, no joints that could potentially come loose and lose function. fits behind the TL-S bar.
Final verdict: def recommend

d1blet

Reaction score
Brand & model: Tein S-Tech for AV6 (on stock shocks)

Price Paid and from where: $180 + S/H Fees from ebay seller highperformanceoutlet

Pros: Probably the lowest you can/should go when recycling stock shocks. Pretty affordable way of lowering your car. TEIN reputation.

Cons: Ride is definitely harsher than I expected. With 18s on, it rubs in the rear.

Verdict: Just remember that there are two versions of S-Techs for our generation Accord. The 4-cyl version offers about a 2" drop whereas the V6 version offers somewhere along the lines of 1.6" or so. I was a bit surprised by the harshness of the ride, but then again, I am using stock shocks. This would be great on a DD if the roads that you drive on are decent. That's not the case in Chicago.

Back