THE Clutch, Flywheel & Short Shifter Review Thread

ebxgsxr

Reaction score
Brand & model: P Spec short shift kit
Price paid and from where:$175 (used, but never installed from someone)
Throw Reduction(Short Shifter): totally adjustable
Pros: everything. totally adjustable, even the height
Cons: none really
Final verdict: this thing is great. comparable to a neuspeed shifter assembly that i had in my VW. being totally adjustable is great.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Brand & model: ACT HA3-HDSS & ProLite Flywheel & Euro R Shifter

Price paid and from where: i have to remember/friend hook-up

Weight (Flywheel): 8.9 lbs

Throw Reduction(Short Shifter): don't knw but it's day and night

Pros: Clutch & Flywheel ... clutch grabs really nice no problems yet and it's been on the car for 2 years ... pedal not too stiff ... flywheel spools smoother/quicker ... makes a nice spooling noise lol ... euro r shifter is shorter both in throw and size

Cons: ACT clutch's tend to have an annoying clunk when breaking them in, but it goes away ... euro r shifter hangs a bit close to my e-brake handle being that it is for a right hand drive vehicle

Final verdict: all in all it was all well worth it ... they are great quality products and most importantly reliable

NASOHC

Reaction score
Brand & model: Evolution Industries
Price paid and from where: $150 from bisimoto Engineering
Weight (Flywheel): 14.1lbs
Pros: SFI Approved, Double material design, lightweight, quality piece
Cons: None
Final verdict: Great addition to any manual gearbox car - less moving weight = more power

Brand & model: Exedy Stage 2 clutch kit
Price paid and from where: $250 from A1 Performance
Material: Ceramic/composite
Pros: Quality Performance by Daiken Products - dbl. sprung, HD, nice pedal feel
Cons: None, it's even priced fairly compared to others.
Final verdict: I've een running this clutch for over 3 yrs. now and everytime I pull the trans, it looks just as good as it did new! I drive hard and this clutch can take abuse. Never slips, grabs all throughout rpm range - great product.

Brand & model: PSPEC short shifter
Price paid and from where: $120 from 6G group buy
Pros: Excellent feel, quality construction and design, totally adjustable, precise
Final verdict: By far, one of my favorite mods! Feels great driving with this shifter - total control.

Last edited:

ilovevtec951

Reaction score
Short Shifter: PSpec

Price: $200 i think

Pros: height adjustable and beautiful shifting.

Cons: a lil on the pricy side but its all worth it in the end

Verdict: good stuff right here cant go wrong

turboaccord98

Reaction score
Clutch: ACT street dics with heavy duty pressure plate
Price: $450
Pros: grabs hard
Cons: expensive, pedal is considerably harder to press down but what do you expect
Verdict: Good quality clutch, highly reccomended

payndew

Reaction score
Brand & model: ClutchMasters FX300
Price paid and from where: 479.99
Weight (Flywheel): Clutchmasters (7.5lbs)
Throw Reduction(Short Shifter): *crickets*
Pros:.. Grabs hard without breaking your neck with jittery and jumpiness, Even when breaking in.
Cons: NONE WHATSOEVER.
Final verdict: Kick *** product. Worth every single penny. Great for DD who want to push it off a red light ;)

YoungxNutkase

Reaction score
Brand & model: F1 Racing Stage 1 Clutch
Price paid and from where: 194.00
Weight (Flywheel): 11.5
Pros: Quick, smooth shifting, great price!!
Final verdict: I would say this is a good product...no problems yet, took two weeks to break in.. Highly recommend

Brand & model: JTC Short Shifter w/ Weighted Shift Knob
Price paid and from where: 120.00 plus discounts
Pros: Quick, smooth shifting, adjustable, nice and sturdy material
Final verdict: Great product!! Alot of people are weary of this product, I was too. Bought it because PSPEC discontinue making short shifters.

Best customer service I ever dealt with. Seller emailed me right after purchase and let me know I was their first customer of the 6thgen Accord Product and showed me all reviews from prelude forums. Even offer to give me a free
weight shift knob, which works and feel great!! Product is nice and heavy (knob and shifter) which helps great with smooth shifting. Seller always replies to email also very fast and always willing to help, which is another thumbs up. So far with the product, I Would recommend it.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Brand & model: JTC Short Shifter + Weighted shift knob.
Price paid and from where: $145 -- http://www.jtccustoms.com
Weight (Flywheel): N/A
Throw Reduction(Short Shifter): Varies.
Pros: Shorter, faster shifts.
Cons: Absolutely none sofar.
Final verdict:
Customer Service: First of all, Tommy from JTC is a very nice and helping person. He offered his phone # to me for faster communication, and he helped me with every question that I asked him. He promptly replies to emails/text messages whenever I sent them.
Ordering/Shipping: Once my order was placed, I got an email about an hour later stating that it was shipped already .. :ohsnap: So I texted him and he told me that the shift knob was still in the oven baking, but that it was going to go out soon. So long story short, I ordered on Thursday, and got the package on Saturday. It technically only took one day to travel from GA to SoCal !
Weighted Shift Knob: What can I say about it ? The shift knob feels great, and looks amazing ! There are a couple of blemishes here and there, but regardless, the weighted shift knob looks great, and really compliments the shifter well.
Short Shifter: What I love most about the short shifter is that it sits really low, so low that I had to change the way that I shifted because my thumb would get caught in between the brake lever and the shift knob. Shifting between gears now is so simple to the point where all I would need to do is flick my wrist back and forth. The shifts are so smooth and quick that it might seem like an autotragic from the outside :D
Install: The install was pretty straight forward. If you know how to disassemble your center console, you've pretty much got it done ! I will be writing a DIY for this specific installation soon, but it's pretty much like the pspec shifter install, but with few subtle differences.

Last note: They're having a sale with their shift knob/shifter combo right now, and I don't know how long they're going to be having that sale for, so you guys should hop on it ASAP! $145 shipped for the short shifter AND a weighted shift knob in the color that you want. If you need anymore information, or contact info, his website is http://www.jtccustoms.com

redlinevtec

Reaction score
Brand & model: Exedy OEM Replacement HCK1000
Price paid and from where: Just under $100 shipped. Forgot from where.
Weight (Flywheel): Not sure.
Pros: Good replacement. Shifting is smooth, pedal is not stiff as a rock. Great for DD.
Cons: Wish I went with something a bit better.
Final verdict: This is a great clutch replacement. Especially for those learning how to drive stick. Exedy makes good stuff, so you can't go wrong with their products. I recommend this. Don't waste your money on $400 clutch kits when your stock. Unless your running boost then that's another story.

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
Brand and model: Jtc short shifter v2
Price. 150 +shipping
Pros. looks great. easy install, shifter itself is very solid, can go from a smooth shifting, a tad shorter than stock feel, to a tight short throw that is very comfortable. I chose not to mod my stock shift boot (cutting) but i did remove the stock collar and cut the clips off of the knob, and installed the supplied collar.
Cons: NONE
Final verdict. the shifter was the perfect christmas present =)

****note: If you want shortest hight you will have to trim your shifter assembly. No big deal to me.

Back