Coolant capacity

datechboss101

Reaction score
I have new upper and lower radiator hoses coming soon from College Hills Honda on Friday and I need to get Honda blue type 2 coolant from the local dealer when I pick up my baby (on Friday also), so that the indie mech can do the job. However, I am not sure how many gallons the radiator takes, as I checked the maintenance and fluids portion of the FSM.

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
1 gallon is enough.

Technically, he is going to need approximately 1.5 gallons.

True, some of the coolant may be remain in the block when you drain the system.... but to top off the system and radiator, you will need a smidge more than 1 gallon.

datechboss101

Reaction score
1 gallon is enough. College Hills Honda? In Ohio?

Yep... Local dealer that I go to is asking MSRP price and a bit higher than MSRP, which is expensive, as I am saving up to install Air lift performance 3P in the late summer/early fall this year. Plus, I got a huge discount.

Technically, he is going to need approximately 1.5 gallons.

True, some of the coolant may be remain in the block when you drain the system.... but to top off the system and radiator, you will need a smidge more than 1 gallon.

So basically I need to buy two jugs of coolant then...

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The hoses are only like $20/ea. How much of a discount can you possibly get and how much was the local dealer charging?

datechboss101

Reaction score
The hoses are only like $20/ea. How much of a discount can you possibly get and how much was the local dealer charging?

Parts guy literally quoted me a little over $100 for upper and lower radiator hoses and 4 clamps... CHH quoted me somewhere around $50. However, I have to spend $52 for 2 gallons of Honda blue type 2 coolant when I get my CG5 back from them. Also, its officially been a week without my CG5.

Back