Mikey's 2001 V6 Coupe

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Mikey, would like some info on the COB goods you plan to get.

Looking to do some interior lighting upgrades myself.

Did you find anything for the vanity lights as well?

That's some night time construction lighting you have going on in there, atm!

Mikey

Reaction score
Yeah, they're plenty bright! Lol. I forgot about the vanity lights, lol. I'll see what I can find for those.

As for the COBs, you're gonna laugh, I found them on the WISH app. Apparently it's similar to "GEEK"..? They're only a buck or two each so I figure I'll give them a try and so far so good.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
They definitely look damn bright lol.

What is this COB of which you speak? I haven't bought LED's in a while...

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
The doors, dome, and trunk are probably about 6000k. The new COBs I got are a nice, crisp pure white. Probably in the 4500k range. Another reason I want to switch to those. The boards are bright but the color of the light is a little too blue/purple for my liking.

And I had to put in a relay for the LED turns, now I have the "light out" on the dash for the brakes/tails so Im about to go find that mod thread and cut whichever wire it is, lol.
Looking good to me, b/c I'm a big fan of 6000K for the interior light. Yeah, 4500K would be the purest in white, if not a sliiiight hint of blue, which I do like having it for the headlights. Sometimes it's hard to color-match them when dealing with multiple manufactures, but that's also the fun part sometimes. ;)

I see. Let's not forget to take a deep breath before you decide 'n cut the wire... J/k.

As for the vanity lights, I believe V-leds makes 6000k & 5000K iirc. SBL makes it too, which I ened up buying them, and theirs is 6500K. V-led's is brighter since it's got more diodes than SBL's iirc. V-led's came out shortly after I bought the SBL's so that's one thing I have the buyer's remorse lol.

What is this COB of which you speak? I haven't bought LED's in a while...
Although it may not be as fast as the speed of light, the development on LED lighting technology is amazingly fast, especially in the last few years. New tech / trend always pop up every year, so I can totally hear ya when you're not in the game for a while.
http://www.cob-led.com/What-is-cob-LED-chips-on-board.html

Mikey

Reaction score
Yes, "COB" stands for "Chip On Board". They're, I think, the newest in LED lighting. I wasn't a big fan at first but after these new lights I have now, I like them. Then again, I just like the color they emit, lol.

I prefer everything to be one, uniform color. The boards are a blue-ish/purple color and I like the pure white better.

Fixed the brake lamp indicator issue. What a PITA. Getting to the box was easy but de-pinning that thing gave me more fight than I wanted.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Agreed. Gotta unify the color! But, once you change out the color... Hard not to stop completing them all haha. (My 6500K vanity light's extra 500K part saying lol.)

You cut the correct wire, and you're alive! And the EUDM tails are in the full effect! :)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Although it may not be as fast as the speed of light, the development on LED lighting technology is amazingly fast, especially in the last few years. New tech / trend always pop up every year, so I can totally hear ya when you're not in the game for a while.
http://www.cob-led.com/What-is-cob-LED-chips-on-board.html

Thanks for the info

Fixed the brake lamp indicator issue. What a PITA. Getting to the box was easy but de-pinning that thing gave me more fight than I wanted.

Saw you bump that thread about it. I need to reread that, and probably do it. Can't believe my brakelamp warning light hasn't burned out. :lawl:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Mikey,

I looked in to the V-LED's again and I found everything that I wanted.

Will have to check the COB ones, to see if there are full applications for everything I want to upgrade.

Thanks for the info.

Mikey

Reaction score
Agreed. Gotta unify the color! But, once you change out the color... Hard not to stop completing them all haha. (My 6500K vanity light's extra 500K part saying lol.)

You cut the correct wire, and you're alive! And the EUDM tails are in the full effect! :)

I wouldn't say "cut" but yeah I fixed it, lol.

Thanks for the info

Saw you bump that thread about it. I need to reread that, and probably do it. Can't believe my brakelamp warning light hasn't burned out. :lawl:
Lol. I hate stuff like that. Makes me feel like my car isn't right. Ironically, Im rigging it to appear and operate normally when in fact it technically isn't. :lawl:

Mikey,

I looked in to the V-LED's again and I found everything that I wanted.

Will have to check the COB ones, to see if there are full applications for everything I want to upgrade.

Thanks for the info.
CB has V-LED stuffs. Too rich for my blood. I haven't looked into their COB stuff or if they even have any. Most of the boards and COBs im finding are a pre-determined size and I just have to measure and order accordingly. The doors, dome, and map lights I can stuff any wires inside the housing. The trunk light is one Ill have to rig or make sure it sticks. And I don't know that Ive seen COBs small enough for the vanities. Might just have to find the brightest regular LED I can.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Yeah, cheaper is always good, as long as the quality is not sacrificed.

If there is a complete set of something like those COB's, then cool.

That brightness is awesome!

Back