Hail Damage

01 vtec nc

Reaction score
So I just bought a 2001 Accord Sedan; I got a great deal on it partly due to the fact it had hail damage across the hood, roof, and trunk. The damage isn''t terrible, and I honestly could live with it because nobody really notices unless I point it out, but I would like to get them out eventually.

Does anyone know a cost-effective way/company that does this sort of thing? I will try to post some pictures later, I live in Charlotte, NC and go to school in Cleveland, TN so anyone that knows about anything around there that would be great. I would like to keep it under $500 if possible, but I do really want a good job so if I need to spend more, I might just have to suck it up.

accordman1

Reaction score
I had hail damage my car recently. I have not had it fixed yet and have about 12 in roof and 6 in trunk and some rear fenders. We got hail size of ping pong balls. They have companies that pop the dents out. I am not sure what the names are where you live but around here is dent wizard, dent king, some people have their own business. You should search online for places around your area. They only wanted to charge me 125.00. Good luck.

01 vtec nc

Reaction score
Yeah, my problem is that there are a couple hundred dents :( They are not big at all I have to point it out to people for them to see it; guess I am just anal about it.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
If you want to attempt some repairs yourself, then try searching. Methods available are duster/hair dryer (heatgun) and dry ice/heatgun combinations...

I live in Oklahoma now, and specifically rented a place with a carport, to avoid hail. It gets really bad in our area, Northern Oklahoma.

01 vtec nc

Reaction score
yeah, I tried the hair dryer/dry ice trick. Worked great, but I have to hold the ice on there for at least 3 min a dent and there being a couple hundred dents... you get the picture ;)

Back