D2S to 9006 converter???

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Well like some people know I recently bought a 2007 4 Runner. After some quick research I believe the 4Runner uses a 9006 bulb. And as far as I know my bulbs for my old retrofit (FX projectors) was D2S. So is there some sort of conversion kit I could get to allow the bulb to fit into the 4Runner's headlight? Can you remove the bulb from the D2S socket and put it into a 9006?

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
just buy a new bulbs... they not expensive.. lol...

and even if u mod it to fit... it might get condensation... due to not fitting perfectly...

but if u p for the modding/cutting and such and taping then end part... go for it...

i say, just order new bulb...

Bax

Reaction score
Doesn't the '07 4runner already have projector headlights. If so then why do you need a new bulb?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
DDM I think sells a conversion harness, but for how cheap 9006 bulbs are, I would probably just pick up some Philips Crystal Vision bulbs (better than Silverstars and half the price). I bought mine at Meijer for, best $26 I ever spent.

Congrats on the new ride, Eric.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Ahh I did not realize they were that cheap. So you can get an HID bulb for that much? Would my current ballast work with that also?

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
if you have an HID kit they sell the AMP to DS2 Connector(what i used with my old TSX retro) but im not sure about stock wiring to ds2. and not only the wiring different the teeth to spin/lock the bulb in place on the headlight is different as well?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Oh sorry, didn't realize you were talking about 9006 HID bulbs. They're a little more since they're not halogen, obviously. Ballasts should be interchangeable.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Yeah I looked earlier and the D2S ballast has just two prongs in the inside. But the one on the 4Runner for stock wiring harness looks completely different.

Back