ABS Lip....

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
are they worth it or not....i have heard of ppl having good luck with them and some that have gone through 4 or 5 lips....should i just save my money and look for polyurethane and get a whole kit....such as wings west if i can ever find someone selling pieces for it....and by the way the car is black 4dr...lowered on stechs... :huh:

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Polyeurthane is the best cause it flexes and gives a little
ABS plastic is exactly that..Hard plastic. I's good as long as you don't scrape or anything.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I wouldn't say my experience has been "good" per say. But i'm actually pissed it hasn't broken so i have an excuse to buy a new one. It's cracked along where it mounts to the bumper and a small crack on bottom but nothing bad. I have repainted it about 3x now due to bad scrapes and the last time came out pretty bad. I will probably just buy a new one but i figured it would only last 6 months. It's been a year and a half.

blindside

Reaction score
yeah plastic breaks easily get the poly one... get a full kit too it looks better

deucescorner

Reaction score
i just received my abs full kit a couple of days ago, it's pretty flimsy compared to other material, but for the price you pay, it's a good deal, just gotta be more carefull driving and speed bumps

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
i've never had a problem with mine...but i've only scraped mine like twice....its all about experience driving low...don't lower it all at once, but pretend your car is slammed all the way all the time...you can practice driving low without busting your lip...then when you feel the car go down you will know if it will scrape just by instinct.....

Twobit

Reaction score
blindside said:
yeah plastic breaks easily get the poly one... get a full kit too it looks better

Body kits are a complete waste of money.. Why spend 6-800 on something you can just add a 1"-2" lip rather than getting a whole new setup + paint and only be able to lower your car a certain amount. Sorry body kits went out of style after F&F came out bro. It's time for people to make cars look clean with STOCK looks. I'd rather see a badass car almost completely stock than some riced out body kitted peice of **** IMO.
It's better to see what you can work around than just throw out.

As for a lip, get polyeuro instead of just straight up plastic.

blindside

Reaction score
Twobit said:
Body kits are a complete waste of money.. Why spend 6-800 on something you can just add a 1"-2" lip rather than getting a whole new setup + paint and only be able to lower your car a certain amount. Sorry body kits went out of style after F&F came out bro. It's time for people to make cars look clean with STOCK looks. I'd rather see a badass car almost completely stock than some riced out body kitted peice of **** IMO.
It's better to see what you can work around than just throw out.

As for a lip, get polyeuro instead of just straight up plastic.

I'm just giving him an option.. i like lip kits not body kits that you have to replace the whole front and rear bumper, reason why is most of them does not align with the body so it leaves a gap... i like the sleeper look

Back