My door...

00Silvy

Reaction score
I just bought my 2000 accord coupe...

I know it's been in an accident, carfax said "moderate" damage, I'm sure it was the drives door because when I close it, it sounds tinny or like it's hollow.... is there some sort of support it's missing or is it just a **** door?
Thanks!

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
take the panel off and see if the lock bar is rattling or theres something loose. if its making that much noise, you should be able to feel it just by groping around.

00Silvy

Reaction score
I'll try this weekend... but it's not like noisy... but it's hard to explain... I guess small rattle when shut, makes the door sound like its made of tin... i'll check for the lock bar...lock bar easy to spot?
Never owned a honda... but I am somewhat mechanically inclined...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
follow the diy removal here, and once youre in there, youll see whats going on.

is it coming from the front, or back...or just the whole thing making that sound?

00Silvy

Reaction score
outside of car, when i knock on it, it sounds hollow.. thanks lots though, ill let ya'all know on saturday...

lashlee

Reaction score
It's probably just the standard sound that most undampened surfaces make. My girlfriends coupe does the same thing!!

nexTOme

Reaction score
I just bought my 2000 accord coupe...

I know it's been in an accident, carfax said "moderate" damage, I'm sure it was the drives door because when I close it, it sounds tinny or like it's hollow.... is there some sort of support it's missing or is it just a **** door?
Thanks!

i think i know what you are talking about....
when you close the door, it doesnt have that firm shutting sound?
instead, kind of almost like echo-ing? empty tin sound?

i know my passenger side is doing that, but i think it is most likely because i dont have fender liner there.....cuz when my fender liner for driver's side was gone, it made that sound.....but when i put it back on, it stopped.

00Silvy

Reaction score
that is exactly the noise! What is fender liner? I know before I bought the car I had them respray the side skirt on the same side... but I am just not sure exactly what fender liner is...

Hondamugen103

Reaction score
that is exactly the noise! What is fender liner? I know before I bought the car I had them respray the side skirt on the same side... but I am just not sure exactly what fender liner is...

they are mounted in your whel wheel to keep road grim and show and **** out of your wires or getting wedged in between the fender/door.

Back