VIS CF Hood

dynasty

Reaction score
i say go with CF. there's really no point if you paint over it. and yes, you could take the black paint out to show your CF again. basically, you need to sand off the black paint, then sand off the clear coat just to make sure it shine really good. here's a link i found for you. http://www.jdmuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43053

lovablettedy

Banned
Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
How bad are the scratches?? If they're light, some 3M Rubbing Compund and a radial buffer may be able to take some surface stuff out. I did it on my carbon hood on my 240SX before I sold it. That, then some good polish, and a sacraficial layer of wax can do a lot more than most people think.

well some are noy that bad but some are sorta bad. I forgot to mention the main reason i want to re clear it is because when i put my hood pins on the drill bit i had was not that sharp and it ended up craking my clear coat.

Phut

Reaction score
.::Basil::. said:
yah i think ill just drive down to the states with no hood on then just put it on my car down there.
funny you mention that. when i was up in oregon a couple of weeks ago, i was wondering if it was legal to drive around without a hood? i seen a good handful of cars without their hoods on driving on the freeway.

if someone were to do that where i'm from, expect to get a ticket.

lovablettedy

Banned
Reaction score
Phut said:
funny you mention that. when i was up in oregon a couple of weeks ago, i was wondering if it was legal to drive around without a hood? i seen a good handful of cars without their hoods on driving on the freeway.

if someone were to do that where i'm from, expect to get a ticket.

i dont get why it is not legal its not like its a safty issue like headlights and taillights its just something to cover your engin bay that is all. Personally i would like to run with out a hood some time i think its kind of cool to be able to see your engin working.

LegendRacer22

Reaction score
it's not smart to run without ur hood, wat if something flies in there and get into your belts and other stuff could mess up your engine

Phut

Reaction score
^that's what i was thinking when i saw some cars driving around without a hood in oregon.

Back