led conversion

Mikey

Reaction score
Most of the bulbs are the same or you can get away with using, generally, the same bulb. The AC controls and cluster are oddballs but alot of those bulbs are the same type so if you buy a dozen or so, you should be covered. The map lights, courtesy lights, trunk, license plate, rear sidemarkers, front parking(i think) are all the same bulb. Hardest ones, that i can think of wll be the vanity bulb and the shifter plate bulb.

Ofnir107

Reaction score
Most of the bulbs are the same or you can get away with using, generally, the same bulb. The AC controls and cluster are oddballs but alot of those bulbs are the same type so if you buy a dozen or so, you should be covered. The map lights, courtesy lights, trunk, license plate, rear sidemarkers, front parking(i think) are all the same bulb. Hardest ones, that i can think of wll be the vanity bulb and the shifter plate bulb.

The shifter plate bulb is a #74, the same ones that go in the gauge cluster but are on top (the overhead ones shining down). Front parking lights and the other ones you mentioned run a #194 bulb. Shifter one is a pain to change though... :eusa_wall:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
theres already a whole thread for this... although it takes two hours to read the whole thing...
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2642

Just to note, when I wrote that thread, it was not intended as a DIY guide, hence lack of detail on some important stuff, and quite a bit of detail on my personal problems I ran into. I would redo somethings in retrospect in terms of the thread but it has been so long, I forgot a lot of what I did.

4door accord02

Reaction score
so is there any weird side affects or downfalls, when switching regular bulbs to led's ?? Specifically in the the tailight area where the bulbs are larger??:eh:

Ofnir107

Reaction score
so is there any weird side affects or downfalls, when switching regular bulbs to led's ?? Specifically in the the tailight area where the bulbs are larger??:eh:

If you're replacing you bulbs, you should pick up some load resistors. If you don't:

1) Changing the brake light bulbs to LEDs will cause the "brake light out" to show on your dash.
2) Changing the turn signal bulbs to LEDs w/o the load resistors will result in the hyperblinking. (Although there is a relay you can buy that eliminates the hyperblinking w/o purchasing the load resistors for each turn signal)

Other than that, you should be fine. Although I question the brightness of the LED bulbs for use as brake lights. IMO, I don't think they would be bright enough during the daytime...

4door accord02

Reaction score
If you're replacing you bulbs, you should pick up some load resistors. If you don't:

1) Changing the brake light bulbs to LEDs will cause the "brake light out" to show on your dash.
2) Changing the turn signal bulbs to LEDs w/o the load resistors will result in the hyperblinking. (Although there is a relay you can buy that eliminates the hyperblinking w/o purchasing the load resistors for each turn signal)

Other than that, you should be fine. Although I question the brightness of the LED bulbs for use as brake lights. IMO, I don't think they would be bright enough during the daytime...

i remeber see something like this in one of the threads but couldnt remember.
Im thinking im going to change out the rear turn siganls and the reverse bulbs only...
so along purchasing my led bulbs i should also purchase load resistors for each bulb and thats all thats required then??
Will i need load ressistors for my reverse led bulbs also then?

Last edited:
Back