led conversion

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If you're replacing you bulbs, you should pick up some load resistors. If you don't:

1) Changing the brake light bulbs to LEDs will cause the "brake light out" to show on your dash.
2) Changing the turn signal bulbs to LEDs w/o the load resistors will result in the hyperblinking. (Although there is a relay you can buy that eliminates the hyperblinking w/o purchasing the load resistors for each turn signal)

Other than that, you should be fine. Although I question the brightness of the LED bulbs for use as brake lights. IMO, I don't think they would be bright enough during the daytime...

You do need to add load resistors for LED brake light bulbs to rid your dash of the BRAKE warning light. The easiest way to go about they hyperblinking is replace the flasher unit under the dash with an LED flasher unit. Tridon EP34 if I remember correctly.

A good pair of LED bulbs from V-LED's or the like is just as bright or brighter than the filament bulb. Just gotta shell out for a quality set.

i remeber see something like this in one of the threads but couldnt remember.
Im thinking im going to change out the rear turn siganls and the reverse bulbs only...
so along purchasing my led bulbs i should also purchase load resistors for each bulb and thats all thats required then??
Will i need load ressistors for my reverse led bulbs also then?

You do not need load resistors for your reverse lights.

4door accord02

Reaction score
great thats excellent info..just have to look where i can purchase that flasher...:jealousbow:. does anyone have pics of there LED taillights ??

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^I bought mine at Autozone for $12.

Here is a photo I took a while back. Hard to tell, but the LED fills out the shape of the lens a lot better. I'll look for more.

0118001752a.jpg

Ofnir107

Reaction score
You do need to add load resistors for LED brake light bulbs to rid your dash of the BRAKE warning light.
My bad, I thought I did say that.

Do you happen to have any daytime pictures of your brakes on with the LED bulbs?

V-LEDs just released their new bulbs for this year. It looks tempting but the price is definitely steep. :crazyrun:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
You did say that, I was confirming it.

Not sure if I have pics, I'll have to look. Basically the effect is that the lens shape is filled out evenly and more crisply. Also you use red LED bulbs as opposed to white/clear, so it's a nicer shade of red than the filament bulb provides.

I paid $50 for a pair of tail bulbs from VLED's, and was more than happy. I've had them in for a couple years now. Btw your tail bulbs are 3157, reverse lights are 7440.

Last edited:

TUBHMOOBVAJ

Reaction score
Noob question here but where can I located the flasher unit on my car? Which dash are you referring to? Thanks.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
It's under the driver side dash, up and to the left of the brake pedal. If you turn your ignition to the on position, and activate your turn signal, you can hear it ticking under there, and actually feel it with your hand through the casing. Also if you have a flashlight you should be able to see the word "flasher" or similar on the plastic casing. It should be black and fit in the palm of your hand.

Back