Poor girl....UPDATES 2009, SHE'S ALIVE!!!!!!

deucescorner

Reaction score
Look what I bumped into while walking around looking for good location to do a photoshoot

SHE'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more front lip and some nasty ebay headlights. Notice on the first pictures the fender and hood don't line up, WTF!?

IMG_5967.jpg

IMG_5968.jpg

IMG_5966.jpg

**UPDATES!!!

So I get a call this afternoon from the body shop owner telling me that the cost of the repairs will come up to $5000 canadian, roughly $4500usd. According to the insurance company the value of the car is $3000 canadian around $2700usd.

So the guy is leaning towards scrapping the car all together and just take the money.

Honestly parts of me feels like trying to buy back the car, but I know that would just be stupid.

Just wanted to keep you guys updated**

Hey guys,

I haven't been here in a while, some of you guys may or may not know that I sold my '98 accord sedan a few months ago to some kid. I was optimistic that he would take care of it as much as I did.

Here she is when I had her:

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_2543_mod.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

So the kid calls me and asks me if I knew any bodyshop guys. At that point I knew that something bad happened since I sold him the car mint. He tells me that he would only need a front bumper, front lip and 1 headlight. I told him that you can't buy headlights like the ones he has. You have to make them like that, so he starts freaking out 'cause this kid knows almost nothing about cars and is not handy at all.

So I tell him to send me pics so I can at least show some guys I know so that they have a point of reference of how bad the damage is.

So this is what he sends me:

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

Obviously it's alot more than what he told me. I went along and told him that he would need alot more work:

-front bumper
-front lip
-fender
-hood
-headlights (then mod them)
-hid's
-maybe new fogs(can't tell)
-fix quater panel
-either replace or fix door
-looks like the rear wheels was slightly damaged too
not to mention the labor to paint and the paint itself.

As soon as I finished I could almost hear his voice start to shake. I told him that's all the stuff you probably got to do to get it looking the way it was. Poor kid, it's his first car and he told me when he was buying the car that he's been saving up for a while to get a car and felt lucky that he got my car at the price he wanted and in really good condition.

Last edited:

SilverAggie

Reaction score
Re: Poor girl....

Wow that breaks MY heart. Please take these pics down before I cry. Just leave the old ones up. What was the kid doing and how did he manage that much damage in one sitting? Oh and how much did you sell it to him for?

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Too many 6th Gens getting beat up these days. That looks bad. What happened?

deucescorner

Reaction score

Wow that breaks MY heart. Please take these pics down before I cry. Just leave the old ones up. What was the kid doing and how did he manage that much damage in one sitting? Oh and how much did you sell it to him for?

To be honest I sold it for dirt cheap cause I already bought my newer car and needed the cash. Plus 6gen accords aren't the most popular cars to mod around here, not to mention the plethora of rhd cars selling for cheap.

I didn't want to know what happened. I kind of think his gf had something to do with it 'cause I would see my car once and a while and I would see her driving it more than him.

shavedaccord

Reaction score

If I ever get rid of my car I could give 2 ****s as to what happens to it lol.. Seriously cause when I move on it's to bigger and better things.

Back